Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why don't I cook Pork Chops more often?

Options
2»

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Nice! We love those as they are know as Iowa Chops!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Nice! We love those as they are know as Iowa Chops!
    Did not know that. Whatever they are called, they are a worthy cook and meal which will be repeated.
    Thanks for the heads up, and the kind words.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    C’est une belle côtelette de porc. Très bien mon ami. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    very nice, ron
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    C’est une belle côtelette de porc. Très bien mon ami. 
    Merci mon ami.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    very nice, ron
    Thank you. Hope all is well with the family.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    I love pork chops. I have a few in the freezer at all times. That said, my wife loves the pork tenderloins.  I use a recipe I found in Fine Cooking - Bourbon-Vanilla pork Chops, but it works just as well with the tenderloin. The grilled peaches are a must. I did a fresh peach salsa the last time and it was just as 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    dannys said:
    I love pork chops. I have a few in the freezer at all times. That said, my wife loves the pork tenderloins.  I use a recipe I found in Fine Cooking - Bourbon-Vanilla pork Chops, but it works just as well with the tenderloin. The grilled peaches are a must. I did a fresh peach salsa the last time and it was just as 
    Thank you for the information. I will look it up and give it a try.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    That looks great Ron...Pork chops have been my nemesis until I started experimenting with brines..Now cook them regularly with great success.. Nice looking chop there sir..

Agreed. Brines are the schnizzle. I always sear then bake. I’ll have to try a reverse sear next time. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Ron great looking Chops! But shouldn't you be working on WINGS? 

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Pork chop looks great....but I’d tear into that potato right now if I could! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    Teefus said:
    That looks great Ron...Pork chops have been my nemesis until I started experimenting with brines..Now cook them regularly with great success.. Nice looking chop there sir..

Agreed. Brines are the schnizzle. I always sear then bake. I’ll have to try a reverse sear next time. 
    I read you loud and clear. Normally I would, but being the lazy drunk I am, I just did it the other way.
    Next time we will brine like a champ.
    RS was not bad though, I got to tell you.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Ron great looking Chops! But shouldn't you be working on WINGS? 
    Lol, thank you for the kind words. I think everybody else needs to work on the wings...I am confident my wings will be so good and over the top, everybody else will be competing for second place....good luck at getting second. For you all, it will be like winning by having the least beat up POS in a POS contest.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Sorry Adam, did not intend to torture. The potatoes cooked on the BGE were good though...

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Next, try doing them Sous Vide to ~133 and finish on a hot Egg - just enough to sear them - maybe 1.5minutes/side. Then add some chimichurri.  DANG GOOD!!!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Sorry Adam, did not intend to torture. The potatoes cooked on the BGE were good though...
    When I get to a cheat day it will start with biscuits and gravy and end with a loaded smoked potato. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    Next, try doing them Sous Vide to ~133 and finish on a hot Egg - just enough to sear them - maybe 1.5minutes/side. Then add some chimichurri.  DANG GOOD!!!
    Thanks for the heads up on the sous vide. I will do exactly that. I bet they are delicious.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    When I get to a cheat day it will start with biscuits and gravy and end with a loaded smoked potato. 
    Do them with peach smoke. I did, they were outstanding my brother. Cheat like hell. Biscuits and gravy all day for me, screw the potatoes....
    I admire your discipline. Do it for your family. You are a great dad, and your princess sister in law needs you around to cater for other events.....just fukkin kidding mu friend...just kidding...

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Love me some poke chops and yours look great. Gotta get bone-in too cause the best thing is gnawing on the bone at the end of the meal! Caveman style!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Love me some poke chops and yours look great. Gotta get bone-in too cause the best thing is gnawing on the bone at the end of the meal! Caveman style!
    Absolutely agree. The best flavor ever. I will do the poor man's T bone from now on.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky