Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody bought a griddle from bass pro?

Options
was in bass pro this week and saw they have a griddle under their name- red head or something like that.

the griddle looks to be abought 32" wide but the thin that impressed me about it is the frame is much more beefy and sturdy than the Blackstone. Negative though is it is $299 and I don't think they hardly ever put them on sale. Anybody ever seen or used one?

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    The quality looks much nicer than the Blackstone. I'd be worried about how long Redhead brand will be around for replacement parts in the future. 

Where is the grease trap on it? I didn't see it in any of the pictures I found online
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RichH
    RichH Posts: 41
    Options
    This one?

Large Egg with adjustable rig, Smokeware Chimney, Kick Ash basket, Rutland Gasket and BBQ Guru DigiQ

St. Petersburg, FL
  • RandyC
    RandyC Posts: 24
    Options
    Grease trap is just like the old Blackstone model except it is on the front left
  • EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    Options
    I have one. It really is heavy duty. I don't have much experience with a Blackstone to compare, but I do like this one. BassPro seems to be a pretty solid company and their RedHead Brand has been part of them for quite a while. I haven't had it long enough for anything to wear out and so far nothing has gone wrong... Feel free to post questions and/or PM me if you want more opinions.
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    I.have those redhead.wool.socks with lifetime warranty.  Everytime I wear a hole, I bring it in without a receipt needed, and.they tell me.to grab a new pair off the shelf.   I know the griddle is a bigger investment, but just sayin lol....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'd be worried about how long Redhead brand will be around for replacement parts in the future. 
    Just to ease your worry, Redhead has been around since 1908. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:
    I'd be worried about how long Redhead brand will be around for replacement parts in the future. 
    Just to ease your worry, Redhead has been around since 1908. 
    This.  And MacGyver has and will be around forever.  I mean what problem could possibly arise that you can't MacGyver yourself ;)
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Anything can happen but Bass Pro bought Cabelas and is keeping both brands alive. BP is a huge company, Redhead is their in-house brand. 
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • Kelso
    Kelso Posts: 79
    Options
    I thought we only buy griddles at Bed Bath & Beyond.
    XL and a MM.  

League City, Texas