Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New eggheads recent cooks

Options
As a new member of the BGE family, I've been experimenting with my new toy the last weeks:

Classic pizza margherita -> baked at 500F during 2min. Perhaps a bit longer next time, but crust & taste was excellent. Instant hit and will be repeated.

Beef ribs -> Angus short ribs ex Australia. Trimmed the fat, covered royally with pepper & salt. About 8hours at +/- 240F with flares to 280F. I packed it loosely in alu-foil during the stall, but don't think it helped a lot. Final result was extremely soft/buttery and tasty meat, but perhaps too rich/heavy in flavour. With the leftovers I made a ragu-sauce which is still in the freezer. Will try again, but perhaps autumn or winter is more suitable for this flavour profile.

Ribeye from Normande beef -> Vac sealed with rosemary, pepper, salt & olive oil and in warmwaterbath of 125F during 75minutes. BGE at 500F with cast iron grill, 2x20sec per side and rest for 5 minutes.  Heaven on earth and best way to make a perfect steak!

Conclusion: 
Very happy with my new toy and have already spent a small fortune on accessories :-)
I will of course continue to experiment and am open to all critiques / suggestions / recipes etc

Comments