Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Joetisserie baby backs!

zman51
zman51 Posts: 133
edited August 2018 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,

After last weekends success of rotisserie brisket https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1214919/rotisserie-brisket-success-fail-success#latest I decided to do some baby backs this weekend. Really enjoying this new addition.

First up, used one of my favorite rubs after giving the ribs a coating of mustard.

As you can see, I took three slabs and cut them in half in order to mount to joetisserie. Just like brisket, I used my KAB with divider to get the fire toward back of egg. Good ole reliable flame boss dialed in at 300.

Ribs are ready to start. I took the spit and ran it through center of each half slab, forked at each end and I used three skewers to keep middle unforked slabs rotating with rest. Also used cherry wood chunks for this cook.

About half way into cook

Ready to take off at 3.5 hours. I never sauced them during cook.

And ready to eat! Man these were good. I will definitely repeat. Thanks for looking.

Mike
Central Florida

Comments