Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today’s Cook

CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
2 SRF Gold briskets. 1 Choice brisket for those shall we say, less discerning guests. 

2 butts, a bunch of bone in chicken breasts, 2 pans mac and cheese, 2 pans pineapple chipotle beans, 150 ABTs. 

And a pint of @Killit_and_Grillit ‘s shine from BB to help wash it down.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Wow, you are locked and loaded! Great eats await for sure. Hope you are able to relax some and enjoy the festivities. Keep the pics coming.

XL BGE
    MD
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Many are going to eat extremely well today.  That is gonna be quite the banquet.  As above, hope you get to enjoy once the heavy lifting is completed. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Great menu  there, Mike.  Have a blast putting that feast together!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Be careful with that jar. You’ll wake up next to a $150 piece of shoe leather. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CTMike
    12 racks of baby backs starting to sweat. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited August 2018
    So this is a catering gig for some good friends. They just bought their first house and she just finished her DNP as a nurse anesthetist. So this is a housewarming/graduation party. 

They paid for all the food, gave me a place to sleep last night, so I am doing this as a favor. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    CTMike said:
    I am doing this as a favor. 
    You are a good man my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CTMike
    Ready for butter, brown sugar, and a wrap. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Very nice Mike!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Lot’s of great food and I nice gesture on your part. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    edited August 2018
    Wow!  That's even better now.  You, Sir, are an amazing friend.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Great job I am going to want to see the smoker!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    That sir is awesome to say the least.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I’d love to hear more about the pineapple chipotle beans.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Amazing.    And that's a sweet looking knife in that first picture.    Do you use it to trim the briskets?
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • CTMike
    edited August 2018
    setdahook said:
    Great job I am going to want to see the smoker!
    Ol’ Mortimer is a Shirley Fab 30x80. The photo of the ribs resting above prior to cooking - they are sitting on the SS prep table. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited August 2018

shtgunal3 said:
    That sir is awesome to say the least.

Thank you

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Yes sir !!  Looks great !!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CTMike
    shtgunal3 said:
    I’d love to hear more about the pineapple chipotle beans.
    Take some beans, add pineapple, onion, jalapeño, Chipotle powder, bell pepper strips, brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard powder. Adjust amounts to your taste. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike

GoooDawgs said:
    Amazing.    And that's a sweet looking knife in that first picture.    Do you use it to trim the briskets?
    Yup, someone posted it up on here awhile back when it was on sale. Razor sharp and prefect for trimming. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    I like the sign on the side of the smoker.  Nice addition!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    thetrim said:
    That sign was there at BBIII, has been from last year as a matter of fact. Perhaps you were just a little too inebriated to notice.  B)

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    CTMike said:

GoooDawgs said:
    Yup, someone posted it up on here awhile back when it was on sale. Razor sharp and prefect for trimming. 
    Is it the Shun boning knife? 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • CTMike
    GoooDawgs said:
    CTMike said:

GoooDawgs said:
    Is it the Shun boning knife? 
    Yup, Shun Premier Boning Knife. Currently $145, got it for $90 on sale. 

https://www.amazon.com/Shun-TDM0774-Premier-Gokujo-Boning/dp/B00TQZV2IY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1533473690&sr=8-6&keywords=shun+boning+knife

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    That sign was there at BBIII, has been from last year as a matter of fact. Perhaps you were just a little too inebriated to notice.  B)
    Yeah you was right. Just confirmed on a Hungry Hussey video.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    thetrim said:
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    Yeah you was right. Just confirmed on a Hungry Hussey video.

As an Army guy, you should be used to admitting us Navy guys are right.  B)

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.