Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Things I didn't know I needed

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
This falls squarely in the things I didn't know I needed category!

https://winklerknives.com/collections/axes

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Yeah, there is no way I need that, now where is my wallet?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    This falls squarely in the things I didn't know I needed 
    In case you don’t already know, you definitely need the Muhle R41 brother Ozzie. It will change your life. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    In case you don’t already know, you definitely need the Muhle R41 brother Ozzie. It will change your life. 

The closed comb version is on my wish list.  I'm not man enough for the open comb yet.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RalphieBoy
    RalphieBoy Posts: 131
    You won’t need to buy chickens or turkeys at the grocery store for the egg. With that thing even beef. 
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Ice pic/axes used for summiting are of similar cost. Razor sharp, durable, ultra light weight, and worth every penny, since your life will depend on them.
    There are some cheaper models out there, but at 11,000ft on an ice covered rock,  you just can't go to Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, etc., for a replacement when the handle breaks.
    They are one of those things to better have, and not need, than to need and not have.
    I totally get it.
    Thanks Oz for posting, I am getting one of the lighter weights.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Now my Kobalt Lowe’s hatchet must go.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Now my Kobalt Lowe’s hatchet must go.  
    My son took care of that for me. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    SGH said:

The closed comb version is on my wish list.  I'm not man enough for the open comb yet.
    I have no idea what the difference is but for some reason I’m now looking up these damn razors. Maybe I need one.....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    nice ax, i went with the svante djarv little viking lime cutter =)

Image result for fishlessman little viking ax

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I have a SOG axe, and some old BSA axes.   And a Fiskars.

Image result for axe fiskars

Image result for sog axeImage result for bsa axe

KAB

Smokeware Cap

Drip pan

Pizza stone

Ceramic spacers

Rib rack

Thermapen

Thermoworks Smoke

Rockwood

Butcher paper

Oh, and the Muhle R41

;) 
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    edited July 2018

My buddy is 'into' knives and axes. Hundreds of them. He is in general a 'geardo' from the get-go. He's a big fan and says there is a long waiting period for Winklers as they are popular with the special forces types. Might want to get on the list early.

His price range is more SpyderCo:

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• northGAcock

I didn't need this but picked it up on eBay sense it was part of my 60th celebration. I could really go on a mite about a long list of sh!t I didn't know i needed....but will stop here.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    edited July 2018
    I still find "things I didn't know I needed" every time I get a catalog from Garrett Wade  https://www.garrettwade.com/outdoor-tools/axes-clearing-tools.html  Just clicking down to "Woodworking Tools" > "Hand Planes" and I can feel my credit card getting warm... 
    They sell axes/hatchets too, although not the climbing kind that I could see.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• theyolksonyou
    Www.amazon.com

link to all the shît I don’t know i need. Especially after a long Saturday. You guys don’t help. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Www.amazon.com

link to all the shît I don’t know i need. Especially after a long Saturday. You guys don’t help. 
    https://www.thestreet.com/slideshow/13844628/1/25-ridiculously-weird-items-sold-thorough-amazon.html

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    @dmw bookmarked.  I could send NOLA the cat turntables and the beard balm the scotie’s Arch enemy.  

Or or I could get a cat too. 
  • northGAcock
    @dmw bookmarked.  I could send NOLA the cat turntables and the beard balm the scotie’s Arch enemy.  

What you need is a good dog. Got just the one for you.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    I'll never wear jeans to work again in the summer. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • theyolksonyou

What you need is a good dog. Got just the one for you.
    I’m good on dogs.  Thanks. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    blasting said:

I could make a killer 12" pizza in that. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

I have no need for one, but am working on justifying a smaller version as a meat mixer.  Early stages of a new stupid decision...

Phoenix 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Never whatch the shopping channel late at night during a long cook. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    blasting said:

I have no need for one, but am working on justifying a smaller version as a meat mixer.  Early stages of a new stupid decision...

Search Craigslist. I just picked up a just refurbed A-200 for $600. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    CTMike said:
    blasting said:

Yeah, I know, lol.  It's your fault this hit my radar.

Phoenix 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    blasting said:
    CTMike said:
    blasting said:

Yeah, I know, lol.  It's your fault this hit my radar.

I’m now on the lookout for a meat grinder attachment. That way I will be able to grind and mix sausage with one machine. Will still need to buy a stuffer though. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.