Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Question

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's a good internal temperature for pork tenderloin? Nothing fancy, just direct on the grill until delicious. I'm think'n 140°.[p]Spring "White Meat Cook'n Pink Meat" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Spring Chicken,
    Got a couple ready to roll and 140 is the goal.
    (Poet and don't even know it!)
    Qfan

• BBQfan1,
    Thanks. The package said 155 to 160 and that sounded a bit "over kill." I don't know of a single person who has died from eat'n pink pork.[p]Spring "Slightly Under-Done" Chicken

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Spring Chicken,
    We normall pull in low 130's, tent with foil and the temp climbs to near 145 if you cook at about 350 grid.
    We are going to do a couple stuffed ones to go with our Turkeys for Thanksgiving. I cook the stuffed slower and cook to a higher internal temp.
    Have a good night...
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken,[p]I pull ours off at 145. Cooked direct at 350. I also wrap them in bacon. Good stuff.
  • Spring Chicken,
    There were two tenderloins in the pack. I basted one with some Raspberry Chiposte sauce just before taking off the Egg and the other was pretty much plain with some olive oil and butt rub (very light). Both were very tender and delicious.[p]Thanks much.[p]Sopring "Crossed Over To The Other Side Of The Road" Chicken