Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ot Daytona eats.

Options
Will be in Daytona for a week is there any good places to eat off beaten path. Thanks 

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    If you like Chinese Leahn's is awesome!

BJ's Brewhouse is good too, but it's a chain.

The Cabbage Patch Bar is a great place to see some coleslaw wrestling if you get a chance to get away, and they happen to some scheduled.

I think Vince Carter had a restaurant there too.  I'm not sure if it is still up and running. 

I'd love to hear what other's have to say.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Nathanogle51
    Options
    If you really want to splurge, check out "The Chart House." Really pricey, but worth it... If you want a good burger and a cool atmosphere, check out the "Daytona Taproom," it was featured on Man vs. Food.
    Dec. 2016: Large BGE
    Covington, GA via Rocky Top, TN
  • chabs
    chabs Posts: 14
    Options
    Just south of Daytona in New Smyrna Brach there’s an amazing Italian place called “The Garlic” awesome outdoor seating area and ambiance. 

In Ormond beach Blau is a great little tucked away restaurant. Hooligans in Daytona has some of the best wings around, the Wally wings are fantastic. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Agree with @chabs .  I vacation in New Smyrna (will be there in a couple of weeks!) and Garlic is a good place.  JB's Fish Camp is another fun spot.  Depending on the style/type of place you desire, plenty of places to suggest.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tqracer53
    tqracer53 Posts: 37
    Options
    Going to hooligans Tuesday for allstar game about 50 friends and family go. Might have try fish camp. Thanks for info
  • kersh13
    kersh13 Posts: 23
    Options
    As those above noted, drive south to New Smyrna Beach and check out The Garlic (or The Blu Bar which is in the same location with a mostly shared menu). 
    Large Egg circa '06 model.

Athens, GA