Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Rutland gasket install.

Thanks to @RRP for the help and advice.  The initial burn seemed to yield much easier temp control. I kept it right at 250-255 for 2 hours before shutting it down. 

Before:  You can see the original gasket and all it’s nastiness next to the beautiful steak. 

During:

After:

Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 

Comments

• steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Tried it. Didn't lik it to much.  Went back to original. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Paging @RRP. We found him. =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    har har har!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    RRP said:
    har har har!
    Hey I told you I will pay you that $11 he shorted you on =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• RichH
    RichH Posts: 41
    Just got my gasket in the mail from @RRP today. Going to install it this weekend. 
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Smokeware Chimney, Kick Ash basket, Rutland Gasket and BBQ Guru DigiQ

St. Petersburg, FL
  • RRP
    edited July 2018
    RRP said:
    har har har!
    Hey I told you I will pay you that $11 he shorted you on =)
    I know you did, but if I let you do that then I wouldn't have anything to b*tch about! Seriously, I thank you again, but no.
  • BigGreenBean
    BigGreenBean Posts: 117

This is a gag, right?  Right??
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • RRP

As for being pimped about it then yes my complaint has taken on a kind of good natured gag! But the basis is that an egger name Wes Johnson employed by Indianapolis 500 Corporate ripped me off.
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    You sent me a ball of yarn and a bottle of Elmer's glue.  I'd appreciate you not telling everyone where I work. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • RRP
    You sent me a ball of yarn and a bottle of Elmer's glue.  I'd appreciate you not telling everyone where I work. 
    No, Wes - that yarn and Elmer's glue was the second shipment to be shoved up your worthless *ss, you common thief! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Well this is entertaining!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    Thank you, John! I was just trying to "smart off" as my late Father used to call it! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    RRP said:
    Thank you, John! I was just trying to "smart off" as my late Father used to call it! 
    Wow that is an expression I haven’t heard in a long time.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    So Wes gets around!  You'd think he could afford $11.  Cheap ass.  Well, we know @RRP can afford $11
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • BigGreenBean
    BigGreenBean Posts: 117
    RRP said:

As for being pimped about it then yes my complaint has taken on a kind of good natured gag! But the basis is that an egger name Wes Johnson employed by Indianapolis 500 Corporate ripped me off.
    This wasn't directed at you, Ron.  For the record, the gasket is an undeniable upgrade.  I'm very happy with it and your service, which I appreciate.  My brother will be contacting you shortly, btw.  More importantly, a man's word ought to mean something.  Your gasket materials and my check crossed in the mail, a couple of honorable folks in a small, simple transaction.  I'd have thought he'd just disappear, and probably should.  Whatever oddball disagreements on this forum, I think we can agree it's better off without folks who can't honor such a simple agreement.  You've done a lot of enthusiasts a real service.  Thanks for that.  And buzz off, Johnson.  I don't associate with your ilk.
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    RRP said:
    No, Wes - that yarn and Elmer's glue was the second shipment to be shoved up your worthless *ss, you common thief! 
    somethins' Fishy, @RRP doesn't furnish the adhesive... or did I get screwed..

just kiddin' Ron..thanks for mine anyways!!!
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    My wife wanted to know why I was laughing out loud in the bathroom this AM. Good one! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130

I'd have thought he'd just disappear, and probably should.  Whatever oddball disagreements on this forum, I think we can agree it's better off without folks who can't honor such a simple agreement.  You've done a lot of enthusiasts a real service.  Thanks for that.  And buzz off, Johnson.  I don't associate with your ilk.

PM me your address Ron. I'll give you the $9 I owe you for that chewed up dog leash you sent me. I'm tired of hearing about it.
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was.