Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT NYC Eateries- focused on Brooklyn-OT-

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,378
For some reason the buffalo decided to sink the below thread (half-life of this one may not be long)
OT - NYC Recommendations  
Anyhow the reason for this resurrection is based on the below request:
"Heading to Brooklyn in a couple of weeks-Breweries and solid food (working man) recs appreciated.  While the "guide" has a plan I am always up for alternatives.   In advance-thanks."
Have a great evening-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lousubcap
    Options
    Bump independent of any other threads here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    Other half brewing
    Six point brewery
    the Brooklyn brewery
    Keg & lantern brewery
    Rockaway brewing co
    Single cut beersmiths

Peter Lugers expensive
    DeStefanos steak house
    Piccoli trattoria 
    Nostro restorante
      These are just off the top of my head just to. And a fee

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • mlc2013
    Options
    I have no idea what i was trying to say there at the end but lugers is expensive and a reservation is required but its also a must everyone has to go their at least once in their life, To be fair I have not returned since I started egging but before i egged my staple was a porterhouse for 3 (yeah I know im a fat bastard) and the cream spinach plus started with bacon app then followed by the schlag for dessert. Now I have to go again as I do miss it although my steaks on egg are very good but still not lugers
    Most of the breweries are crowded **** to bellybutton with ppl so I tend not to go anymore, Brooklyn is a hot hot place right now and all the young and rich have taken over making it a scene I don't enjoy anymore but am not trying to discourage you as it is a must and you have to experience it just be prepared to be crowded. Plus all the good restaurants are going to require reservations now days
    Long Island NY    
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    been along time since going there but back then i had some good times in the hole in the wall tiny irish pubs away from the crowded areas.  was better for my low budget as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Are you in to Ramen? Ivan Orkin became the top Ramen chef in Japan, is now back in NYC with a shop on the lower East Side. Most expensive dish is under $20. My son and I are going there for lunch prior to dinner at Blue Hill at Stone Barns.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • mlc2013
    Options
    @fishlessman unfortunately ever since Brooklyn became the new Manhattan nothing is really inexpensive there anymore. The hipsters and the Manhattanites drive those places out and made a mini manhattan with feel and price
    Long Island NY    
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Never been there, but if I was going to Brooklyn, I'd go just into Queens and go to Neir's Tavern; http://neirstavern.com/
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    @fishlessman unfortunately ever since Brooklyn became the new Manhattan nothing is really inexpensive there anymore. The hipsters and the Manhattanites drive those places out and made a mini manhattan with feel and price
    glad i went then, some of the places i went to then may have seated 20 people, well that included the standing room as well =) i did see my first burglary in manhattan though, right on park ave at christmas time =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mlc2013
    Options
    fishlessman yeah now they rob you with their prices, $20.00 for 2 sub par slices of pizza and a soda is not unheard of in fact it is the norm
    Long Island NY    
  • JustOneOfTheGuys
    JustOneOfTheGuys Posts: 142
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If you are going to be there on a Saturday or Sunday, try going to SMORGASBURG   It’s in Williamsburg on Saturdays and at Prospect Park on Sundays and it’s wonderful.  Large selection of vendors with great  and some unusual foods.  Go if you can..

more info here: https://www.smorgasburg.com/

adding link to brews near by: http://www.likealocalguide.com/blog/top-5-beer-bars-breweries-in-williamsburg-brooklyn/
    Southwestern CT
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Thanks for surfacing this thread.  Returned from a great weekend (save the airline hose job Monday).  Arrived Friday night-did Yankees game Sat afternoon, oysters at Grand Central and stayed in Manhattan.  
    Sunday-hit Six Point, Threes, Brooklyn Brewery and Radegast Beer Hall. 
    All a good time-and the Radegast Beer Hall is a must stop.  (Thanks to whomever suggested it).
    If you want pizza one of the best places in Brooklyn is Lucali's.  However, it is worse than Franklins regarding wait times.  Opens at 6 PM.  We got there at 6:30 PM to find the wait for a "to go" pizza was 2 hours 15 minutes.  To get a seat the wait was 4 hours 15 minutes.  Dang...Didn't eat there.  
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Glad you had a good trip.