Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tighten those screws/bolts on the Egg and the Nest!

Options

I keep my XL Egg in my garage and move it out to use it.  The other day while pulling it back in the garage, I noticed one of the screws on the Nest was missing and my Egg was leaning.  Scared the beegezzes out of me.  Screw was there, but not the bolt.  I didn't have anyone to help so after trying in vain, I called Brownsboro Hardware in Louisville; they are great and that's where I bought my Egg.  Decided to buy the Nest Handler as I move it quite a bit to use and back over composite driveway.  I have always checked the bolts on the Egg itself, but never the nest.  The guy came out today and we picked it off the next and put lock-tite on all the screws.  All good.  Shout out to Brownsboro Hardware as they were quick to help and recognized that my Egg was leaning and worrisome.  The nest is coming next week as I had to order it. 

Steve

X/L BGE

Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    They’ve got a nice selection of goodies too. 
  • stevez
    stevez Posts: 123
    Options

Brownsboro hardware came out yesterday morning, on the 4th of July, and installed my Nest Handler.  Given that I have an XL and move it for every cook across a composite drive way (with some uneven spots), this seemed a good idea.  I have to say I really like it.  Moving it with this tool seems dramatically more solid/tight and I feel a ton more comfortable.  For anyone who cares, it was $121 plus $30 for service fee/installation.  Well worth it to me. Thanks.

Steve

X/L BGE

Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Wow great service and now you can move it much easier. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ChrisSonn23
    ChrisSonn23 Posts: 280
    Options
    YES.....always check your nest bolts. Recently had a customer who didn't, went to move the Egg and the nest collapsed breaking their base. 
    BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL