Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Plunge

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To all of you who have patiently offered advice as to what size I should get--thank you and you can rest now (until I am bittten by the
we could use another size bug...) In the end the mini vs small was
decided by the dealer who decided he wanted to get rid of his no longer manufactured "dinosaur" for $75, an offer we certainly couldn't refuse. He had told Victor he would give us a good deal and it was tagged at $99, luckily Victor had the nerve to ask for the good deal(I thought that was it) and he said $25 more off! Sooooo we have a small celebration filet mignon and Scott's Infamous Mustard Rubbed Steak Recipe waiting for the snow to stop and by tonight we will officially have EGG On Our Faces.
Happy, Happy, Happy,
KK

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    KK (Kathy Kerr), With a deal like that you can figure your first few meals are free. Way to go Victor, it pays not to be shy sometimes. Painter

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    KK (Kathy Kerr),
    Great Deal!!!! Welcome to the BGE Family, just like family feel free to ask us anything. Now all you need is a small, a medium, and a lagre egg for a complete set. I really do think another egg is in your future.
    Fireball

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Fireball,
    Do you think all those eggs would stack together like those little toys my girls play with?? Forget the name of those things, but several fit inside each other. Hey!! Great marketing idea for BGE. Make little nestable egg-looking toys for the kids to play with while they dream of growing up and using a real egg. Hee.
    Cheers..and soon, beers.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Fireball
    Nature Boy,
    That is a great idea for us big kids too. This would be a great space saver on the deck or patio.
    Fireball

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    KK (Kathy Kerr),good job and excellent price. Congrats on a fine beginning. Who knows..they may be antiques in 30 years.
    :-)
    Cheers..C~W

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Nature Boy,
    we actually asked the Mexican manufacturer rep who was at EGGtoberfest last October if he would go back and try it. Never heard from him I guess I have to leave this to one of the more fortunates who own all four (I know my mini fits inside my medium).

• Fireball
    Wise One,
    Does this mean that the small will fit into the large?
    Fireball

• Wise One
    Fireball, let's see. A<B<C<D A goes into C with no remainder. Does this imply B goes into D with no remainder? I'm sorry, my math is failing me. Does anybody have a small that they would be willing to set inside a large? Then all we need is three more of our foolish forum fellows (I like the aliteration) to see if the mini fits into the small (but who would be foolish enough to buy the mini and the small) and to see if the small fits into the medium (why didn't he just trade up to a large) and to see if the medium fits into the large (and these are still amongst us). And they say we have nothing to do!! :-)

• Wise One
    Fireball, let's see. A is less B is less than C is less than D. A goes into C with no remainder. Does this imply B goes into D with no remainder? I'm sorry, my math is failing me. Does anybody have a small that they would be willing to set inside a large? Then all we need is three more of our foolish forum fellows (I like the aliteration) to see if the mini fits into the small (but who would be foolish enough to buy the mini and the small) and to see if the small fits into the medium (why didn't he just trade up to a large) and to see if the medium fits into the large (and these are still amongst us). And they say we have nothing to do!! :-)

• Wise One
    Wise One, I just found out something I did not know. The 'less than' sysmbol (above the ',') stops the rest of your message. See I will put one here < and nothing else prints I think. A<B

• Wise One
    Wise One, nope it's the combination of < with a character before and after. <B

• Fireball
    Wise One,
    I will volunteer to perform this experiment. What if everyone on the Forum sends me money so that I can go out and buy a large and a small. After I have all four, I will be willing to see if I can fit A into B, than A+B into C, than A+B+C into D. OK, Foolish Forum Fellows (and Girls), start sending me the money.
    Fireball

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Nature Boy,[p]The stacked dolls are called Russian Matryoshka.[p]Puj

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Puj, That's it. Thanks. Those things are cool.
    Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Nature Boy,[p]Yes they are. The BGE folks should make an egg version of them for promos, and Eggtoberfest. :)[p]Puj