Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yet another Yeti accessory question....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
Considering the Yeti deck for application to my 65. Yeti shows the real purpose is for traction while standing on it fishing. Likly not my use case....more like a non slip surface as I stack things on top while car packing....maybe a little softness for sitting. If you happen to have one yourself, curious of your thoughts on this product before spending a note on it. Thanks in advance. 
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    It’s not really soft. But it will give you a lot of traction. 

I had one underneath the cushion on my 75 to use as a fishing platform on the boat. (I accidentally destroyed it through no fault of the product)

If I had to choose between the two I would just get a cushion. That thing is tough and a lot nicer to sit on. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Robin what color is your 65?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    Options
    Tan

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Tan
    Let me dig around in my garage. I sold my 65 to get the 75 and I had a cushion for it (uninstalled) but I don’t think the guy took it. It may be out buried in my hunting gear. If I find it you can have it if ya want it. 

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Tan
    Let me dig around in my garage. I sold my 65 to get the 75 and I had a cushion for it (uninstalled) but I don’t think the guy took it. It may be out buried in my hunting gear. If I find it you can have it if ya want it. 
    Does it come w a free crawfish?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Might want to take a look at Sea Deck pads. 
  • northGAcock
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Tan
    Since @Killit_and_Grillit left me hanging (just bustin on ya Adam).....I did in fact purchase the Yeti Seadek. It's no Yeti dog bowl mind you......but adds a nice little cushion to the top for standing, sitting and keeping things from sliding when stacked on top. Happy customer here with the product. If interested, get one soon. I hear they will be discontinued. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    If you're just looking to add some traction to the top of your cooler take a look at skateboard deck tape.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Seadek makes them for Yeti. I did inquire about a custom Grateful Dead one made by Seadek....but they never responded to my inquiry. Problly best as wife would have kilt me for that one. :o

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Seadek makes them for Yeti. I did inquire about a custom Grateful Dead one made by Seadek....but they never responded to my inquiry. Problly best as wife would have kilt me for that one. :o
    These folks might be able to help. They are in Buford near the lake. 

https://www.aquamarinedeck.com/
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Yeah man! I still haven’t been down to the river to see if that thing is in the boat. 

Have kids they said...

South of Nashville, TN

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Yeah man! I still haven’t been down to the river to see if that thing is in the boat. 

Have kids they said...
    Ill be your huckleberry on that one, if you ever find it. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.