Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT not trying to start anything just trying to make a decision OT (I think)

Options
After being on this forum for a short while, I realized that I have no idea how I survived so long with all the wrong cooking equipment! To think I use to only own a glass grill and thought my ribs were good, ill be the first to admit I was very wrong!!

Im now debating on adding an outdoor griddle. I am in no immediate rush but can buy one tom if I could decide. It seems that everyone here likes the black stone. After some digging I see a lot of problems with the front drip (and a lot of solutions for that problem) I know they changed to rear drip but cant seem to find anything on that and how well it works or not. Also after searching the forum I only found 1 link to the Blue Rhino but it was just a hey I saw this at HD/lowes but no one said they have one or hate it other then saying it was a copy cat. With that said Im looking for something that would sit outdoors year round uncovered (I assume Ill have to get some sort of cover for it and saw the @Tspud1 use to not sure if he still does make covers). My uses for start would be BACON I cook a lot of a bacon (I now put them on a rack in a tray in the oven) but its messy and I have to clean my oven a lot as I cook a few pounds of bacon a week (yes im going to live for ever). Burgers and Vegetables, my wife doens't like her veg on the egg as she feels to smokey for her liking. Lastly big breakfast were not big on carbs but ever now and then we fall off the wagon and go crazy hence french toast pancakes english muffin all in one serving then we roll to the couch and nap, so it will mainly be eggs, sausage, ham, and BACON. I would like to start broadening my cooks so maybe this would help me not just be a 1 trick pony (L&S, Smoking, Grilling = 1 trick). I would love something that does not need a lot of upkeep as i am lazy at times and something that won't make a huge mess as it will be on my brick patio and grease stains the bricks and then the wife gets mad and im cinderella out there on my hands and knees with a bucket of water and a brush cleaning what never seems to come clean. (I think ill look into an outdoor mat as well to put in front of the grill) 
So any advice or suggestions towards another brand would be welcome, and greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for your help 
Long Island NY    
1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18

Comments