Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Half Ton Of Meat

Options
2»

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Focker said:
    Slicing the finished product is nothing, compared to trimming them out of the cryo.
    Except for the next moment.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Focker said:
    Slicing the finished product is nothing, compared to trimming them out of the cryo.
    Especially if you trim the brisket down to 10% of the original weight.  Cutting a 2 pound cooked brisket is pretty easy. 
    Options
    Hell of a job Mike.  Not withstanding the tremendous amount of work that entire endeavor takes, just managing a team of volunteers is a chore in itself. 

That said, I'm sure you just trimmed to 1/4" fat and did Aaron Franklin proud. 

Will look forward to pics of the final product. 
    Options
    Holy shite. First day back from vacation, so I've been a keyboard slave, but on other matters. You done good, that's some impressive smoking.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks all.  Had a team of 10 volunteers to trim, rub, and wrap on Tuesday.  Brisket was minimally trimmed to 1/4” on the flat and a little of the hard fat between the point and flat. One guy wouldn’t listen and was hacking out all of the hard fat. Moved him to opening cryo and rinsing. 

Looking over the receipt from Restaurant Depot we actually did 1,136 lbs of protein. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    WOW!
    Nice job Mike. Looking forward to the pics of that endeavor.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited June 2018
    Options

The sheet pans in the top photo were to catch the grease that was just pouring out past the door, even while closed. They would then get dumped into the 30 gallon barrel mentioned earlier. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.