Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I been lurking around

char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
They've been talking about some neat new ideas for toys at certain other ceramic cooker sites. Somebody invented an upside down chick sitter and somebody else invented a wierd thing that hangs meat under the dome. Why an upside down chicken sitter So you can put stuffing in the bird while making sure the breat stays moist, I guess. Why have a wierd thing that hangs meat under the dome. I'm not sure, but it looks neat. [p]Sure would be nice to have a BGE version of toys like those..

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    char buddy ,
    That's weird..I been working on the dome rack idea here. Primarily for a specific purpose. I may have touched on it in a post a month ago.

JJ and I have been exchanging thoughts on it.[p]Ideas are like popcorn in a microwave recently..good show.
    C~W[p]

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Char-Woody,[p]Sorry I missed your earlier post. What specific purpose would you use the dome rack. [p]Keep up the good work and if you need a beta tester, give me a call.

• Char-Woody
    char buddy, There is a purpose in mind, and about a year or so ago I posted a "Hang em High," posting which really had little response..but there is a reason for it that I am still testing. Primarily for ribs. Mop has a very similar design in his "jerky" picture of hanging Jerky..Now if you were to look at that, and in the place of jerky, picture rib'a, on rods with either sharpened S hooks thru the meats, or with SSteel eye bolts screwed into the rib bones themselves in 3 places along the ribs. The suspension system might be configured just a tad different..but the basics are there.
    Good job Mop....
    C~W[p]

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Char-Woody,well thank you very much, thats kind of you too say...
    The contraption that you saw was a joint effort between "bbqfan1" and myself..
    We went back and forth via e-mail to come up with "roughly" what you saw, unfurtunatly the welder that zapped it on for me did so upside down if you can believe it...I should have welded it myself.
    I`m going to completely revamp it with a few changes to make it a tad smaller....
    As a matter of fact, I have a batch of jerky going on it tonight...
    Thank you for those kind words....[p]Mop!

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Char-Woody, How about a bird cage? JCA

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Hi j Appledog...
    If I may, a birdcage is a good idea, the only thing is that it will have to be designed so that when the lid is lifted the meat "hanging" doesn`t come in contact with the inside of the dome itself....cause it`s kind of yukky in there, as you know it`s worse when the egg is full of condensation upon startup...
    It`s not a hard thing to make really....[p]just a thought..[p]Mop!

• Char-Woody
    Mop, it's good to see the mental juices flowing!
    We all benefit from innovative ideas. Maytag doesn't sit still, why should we?[p]Cheers to ya...C~W[p][p]

• Char-Woody
    J Appledog, speaking of birds, I have one (4lb'er)in the brine that needs to be ready for 7:00 dinner from the small BGE.
    Another experiment...!
    I better hurry!!
    Later..C~W[p]

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    C~W,[p]I went over to check it out. Looks neat to me. Like just about every other accessory out there, "I want one"![p]Smokey

• Char-Woody
    Smokey, send me a e.mail where to look..
    bbq-dude@home.com
    Thanks! C~W[p]