Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Remember your first time

mlc2013
mlc2013 Posts: 988
edited June 2018 in EggHead Forum
setting up your new egg that is, taking the little nuts and bolts and carefully tightening them down. Making sure your ever so careful with the ceramics and everything is so clean and looks so nice. Lining up the logo so it sits perfectly in front with the handle. Well I had that feeling again today!! I decided to reward myself for the table I just finished; https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1213975/it-took-6-weeks-longer-then-i-expected-and-cost-3-times-as-much-but-at-least-i-can-say-i-built-it#latest
I bought a MM and a L over the winter and said I will not open them up until I build the eggs proper tables. Well I built 1 of the 3 tables I need to build so far and said that was worth a little reward for me so the little guys coming out to play. Doesn't he look so cute next to his big brother!! A parents love is unmatched. I was so excited that I didn't want to walk back to the sed to get fresh RW lump so I just took a few handfuls of RW from the XL and put it in the MM and it is now preheating getting ready to make me some Lamb Shish kababs that Ive been meaning to try.
Wow does the little guy come to temp quick. In the time it took me to write this and download the pictures maybe 15 minutes my dome temp was already at 400 (all vents opened wide) so I just adjusted them to how I would adjust my XL to get 350 lets see how much different it is for the MM. While I wait for the lump to burn off a little back to this little guy did I tell you how cute he is.

Okay down to business:
I ground some lamb some spices and vegetables and made a few skewers just to try it out. No real recipe just a little of this and a pinch of that.
Going to get the dome to 350 and put them on direct and see what happens

Long Island NY    
1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18

Comments