Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a favor

slovelad
slovelad Posts: 1,742
I volunteered to cook for a summer church event. Very simple cook with just burgers and dogs.

Here is my issue: I there will be a couple hundred people there. I don't think I can make that kind of volume with a gassed, and defiently not my egg.

ANYONE HERE NEAR THE TAMPA, FLORIDA AREA - I'm looking to borrow or rent a pull behind grill.

If anyone close is willing to help it would he greatly appreciated! Or if anyone has an advice on wher wi can rent one, that helps to! Thanks!

Comments

• You might consider checking you local rental centers. I have rented a 2x5 foot charcoal grill before for large parties. Not a pull behind but honestly....uses less charcoale and they can deliver and pick up for you. Just an option to consider.
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    A couple of Blackstones (from you and friends)? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

Agreed, a couple 36" Blackstones could take care of that number in about 1hr of cooking. You could probably cook 100 hot dogs on one 36" blackstone all at the same time and on the other probably manage 20-30 Burgers at a time.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• In the future go with the Navy resolution.
    Never Again Volunteer Yourself.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Just a thought - but you could look for Weber kettles on CL.

Used to be able to find them for $20-30. Could get 2-3, and maybe the church could use them for other cooks.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    a few concrete blocks , some foil , piece of expanded metal---instant large portable grill
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2018

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    You might consider checking you local rental centers. I have rented a 2x5 foot charcoal grill before for large parties. Not a pull behind but honestly....uses less charcoale and they can deliver and pick up for you. Just an option to consider.
    +1.  "grill rental tampa fl"

https://www.brandonrentalcenters.com/equipment.asp?action=category&category=78
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    @blind99 thanks! That's actually the same place I came across. Not a bad deal for $100 for the day. 
  • You might also want to check out the MWR at MacDill for rentals.
    Gittin' there...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited June 2018

Agreed, a couple 36" Blackstones could take care of that number in about 1hr of cooking. You could probably cook 100 hot dogs on one 36" blackstone all at the same time and on the other probably manage 20-30 Burgers at a time.
    I have loaded them up before and it's like a game of whack-a-mole to keep from burning stuff.  And keep stuff cooking.

After looking at the IR temp profile, I see why.

slovelad said:
    I volunteered to cook for a summer church event. Very simple cook with just burgers and dogs.

Here is my issue: I there will be a couple hundred people there. I don't think I can make that kind of volume with a gassed, and defiently not my egg.

ANYONE HERE NEAR THE TAMPA, FLORIDA AREA - I'm looking to borrow or rent a pull behind grill.

If anyone close is willing to help it would he greatly appreciated! Or if anyone has an advice on wher wi can rent one, that helps to! Thanks!
    What is the date, and where are you gonna be?  I’m in the area and would love to help you out, if I could.  

Unfortunately, I can’t help with the grill.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    slovelad said:
    @blind99 thanks! That's actually the same place I came across. Not a bad deal for $100 for the day. 
    Damn. $100 for the day? I found a Big John charcoal grill at a yard sale 4 or 5 years ago, paid $55 for it. Just a couple of weeks ago was too late responding to a Craigslist ad for the 2"X5" charcoal grill with the pig rotisserie...sold for $350 30 minutes before I saw the ad. 

Keep an eye on the auction / Craigslist sites.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    womaus said:
    slovelad said:
    Damn. $100 for the day? I found a Big John charcoal grill at a yard sale 4 or 5 years ago, paid $55 for it. Just a couple of weeks ago was too late responding to a Craigslist ad for the 2"X5" charcoal grill with the pig rotisserie...sold for $350 30 minutes before I saw the ad. 

Keep an eye on the auction / Craigslist sites.
    Small pig for a 2 inch by 5 inch grill ;)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256

Heh. I could reply that I prefer my pigs unborn, but this isn't Friday night. So I won't even go there.

And of course I meant 2' x 5 '. 

But I do like the pre-suckling pigs....

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    womaus said:

Heh. I could reply that I prefer my pigs unborn, but this isn't Friday night. So I won't even go there.

And of course I meant 2' x 5 '. 

But I do like the pre-suckling pigs....

If I did not pick on petty and obvious mistakes, I would never have anything to add.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS