Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Advance Planning; June 14th; Army B'day, Flag Day and National Bourbon Day-OT

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,385
Stock up for a celebrity pour this Thursday.  (BTW also opening day of the World Cup and POTUS B'day as well).  
More than enough reasons to celebrate or commiserate.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Happy 243rd, US Army!!!!  Always a good day to celebrate!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Shameless bump as all the above occurs on Thurs (USA) -unless you are in Korea in which case it is already taking place  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thapco
    Thapco Posts: 44
    Options

Noticed all the flags out today and gal downtown ask me what it was for.  I told her it was for Trump's birthday.  She came unglued.  Knew it would happen like that.

Actually I celebrate our Flag and what it represents.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Thapco said:

Noticed all the flags out today and gal downtown ask me what it was for.  I told her it was for Trump's birthday.  She came unglued.  Knew it would happen like that.

Actually I celebrate our Flag and what it represents.

:rofl:
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Bourbon Run                      Check

American Flag on pole        Check

Army Flag on front porch    Check

Pre Checks complete, Chalk 1 is ready to roll out. Waiting on approval from the Battle Captain, @lousubcap

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @thetrim I thought you would appreciate the Army’s flag being hung up with a spool of  reappropriated 550 cord. #onlyonethiefinthearmy #just tryingtogetmystuffback

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Hope our boys overseas are enjoying those Mini Maxes today 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit - Reads like "all systems go".  I'm just a sailor so I will take your word for it on your B'day.  Enjoy as I'm sure you will.  
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @thetrim I thought you would appreciate the Army’s flag being hung up with a spool of  reappropriated 550 cord. #onlyonethiefinthearmy #just tryingtogetmystuffback

That’s a beautiful sight right there! I still have two spoons of that stuff.   As much as I still use it, I don’t think it will ever run out.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    I’m a little late to the party, but I trust this is acceptable?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - Don't know where you scored that but nice pickup.  
    BTW- a couple of weeks ago I was in a good sized adult beverage (no movies) outlet (Total Wines) and was talking with a distributor about the challenge of finding Don Julio 1942 and made a casual comment, "they didn't even get any Blanton's on their weekly restock.".  A customer walks by and mentions that the Kroger beverage store across the street had two bottles.  Score.   You never know.   
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - Don't know where you scored that but nice pickup.  
    BTW- a couple of weeks ago I was in a good sized adult beverage (no movies) outlet (Total Wines) and was talking with a distributor about the challenge of finding Don Julio 1942 and made a casual comment, "they didn't even get any Blanton's on their weekly restock.".  A customer walks by and mentions that the Kroger beverage store across the street had two bottles.  Score.   You never know.   
    First time i’ve seen it at our local ABC store Frank.  Was only allowed to buy one bottle.  It was $56, which I gather is a pretty good price.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - you will definitely enjoy it.  Give the label a look as to its pedigree.  That is definitely a decent price.  A reward for cycling thru OAK  ;)