Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple is good...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

The much better half asked at about 3:30 "What's for dinner tonight?"...I reminded her that there were a few pieces of picanha in the freezer & also saw some Yukon gold potatoes around...so that is what became dinner...mixed the potatoes with a few carrot chunks, coated with Olive Oil & a generous sprinkling of Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish into a cast iron skillet then on the Egg...after about 45 minutes added the sword of picanha (along with one small end piece)...

Pulled the skillet when the potatoes were done & opened up the Egg to finish the picanha...just off...

My plate...It was GOOOOOOD!

Best part is some leftover picanha for some meals to be determined over the next few days!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Looks great
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Don’t downplay that.  Looks like a huge win
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I like your style! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Holy crap!

That looks awesome.

+1 for the throwback hinges.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Looks excellent from here.  Nice meal.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Great adaptation to the offering.  Nailed that cook.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Looks wonderful!  There's something cool-looking, ancient ways or something, about the folded picanha on the flat skewer.  Don't imagine it tastes any different than it would if it were just cooked the regular way, but it just looks cool!  Great stuff!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Nice.  I agree on the simple part too.  

Phoenix 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Simple... but stupendous :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    Hey, love seeing more picanha posts. Way to go 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    +1 for the throwback hinges.
    Not to mention the new-looking felt gasket.  Whuddupwhiddat??  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Great now I need a sword  :|
    Jacksonville FL
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning All:

Thank you for the comments --

Theopan -- I agree that the sword full of meat does look cool

Botch -- The new gasket is because it is a new base section, the other one has had a crack for about a year & I finally got time to replace it...also replaced the hinge/band system on both large Eggs while I was at it.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Awesome!  Great work right there!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    Options
    My kind of meal! Very Nice!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    My friend that’s beautiful. It always seems the meals my family loves the most are the simple ones. I would have devoured that. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon