Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flameboss 200 cover open alarm

Options
Yesterday I had an odd occurrence with the FB.  I was out at a restaurant and my phone kept getting many cover open then closed alerts. The FB would of course then wait to resume control after a cover open event so with this many cover open alerts and the temp dropped considerably. We were home right after this began and it must have happened over 30 times. My phone was going crazy even though no one opened the cover at all. Then like someone flipped a switch, it all stopped and functioned normaly. 

Anyone else ever experience this? It was more embarrassing then serious as we had family over and everyone was wanting to know why the FB was pinging my phone every couple minutes. 
--
Jeff
Near Twin Cities, MN
Large BGE

Comments

• zman51
    zman51 Posts: 133
    Options
    Hope someone ways in because the exact same thing happened to me Saturday. Like you said then all of sudden stopped. Only thing I thought was maybe pit probe starting to become questionable?
    Central Florida
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    @MichaelCollins might chime in.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MN-Egger
    MN-Egger Posts: 133
    Options
    zman51 said:
    Hope someone ways in because the exact same thing happened to me Saturday. Like you said then all of sudden stopped. Only thing I thought was maybe pit probe starting to become questionable?
    Y'know, mine is looking a bit caramelized :)  
    --
    Jeff
    Near Twin Cities, MN
    Large BGE
  • MichaelCollins
    Options
    Hi MN-Egger, let me know what you cook number was for this cook. We can take a look at it and see if I can provide an answer. The pit probe is a likely cause, but we can usually identify it more confidently from the data.
  • MN-Egger
    Options
    Hi MN-Egger, let me know what you cook number was for this cook. We can take a look at it and see if I can provide an answer. The pit probe is a likely cause, but we can usually identify it more confidently from the data.
    https://myflameboss.com/cooks/244657
    --
    Jeff
    Near Twin Cities, MN
    Large BGE
  • MN-Egger
    Options
    @MichaelCollins  Did you look at this??
    --
    Jeff
    Near Twin Cities, MN
    Large BGE
  • MN-Egger
    Options
    @zman51 I don't know if you received an answer on this but I haven't and a private message to @MichaelCollins also received no response. 
    --
    Jeff
    Near Twin Cities, MN
    Large BGE
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Call FB customer support.  It's cool MC responded in this thread, but if you want faster support, follow the procedure and call or email their tech support.

Sounds like a bad pit probe to me.
  • MN-Egger
    Options
    Two people asked the same question in this thread and MC asked for specific info on the cook that was provided, also in this thread.   Since there were two members here with same issue, a reply here could help those affected and those that may  become affected in the future.
    --
    Jeff
    Near Twin Cities, MN
    Large BGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    MN-Egger said:
    Two people asked the same question in this thread and MC asked for specific info on the cook that was provided, also in this thread.   Since there were two members here with same issue, a reply here could help those affected and those that may  become affected in the future.
    To be fair, this forum is a somewhat obscure social media platform i.e. its not facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, etc. 

Give them a call and I'll bet that they take care of your issue right away. They have for me, whenever I called in the past. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    We get people all the time messaging us through Instagram, FB, and other forms of social media including the messenger here.  Unfortunately, the person that handles most of these platforms is NOT the person who needs to deal with whatever the question or issue is.  It's not like you can forward these messages or they have any contact info.  So he'll screen shot and send them wherever it needs to go, but we still need the persons email or phone number to follow up.  I don't come out here looking for RW related posts, but will respond when I see one--if I had time to come here in the first place.  But if it pops up through the web contact form or in the form of a phone call, then I'm on it because it was obviously routed to my email for a reason.  That's all I'm saying.  If you need tech support now, call tech support.  You can still post here, but it might not get the same attention.
  • MichaelCollins
    Options
    I am sorry that this thread dropped from my attention. I provided your cook number and inquired about the issue with engineering. The reply was that it could be faulty probes, excessive electromagnetic interference, or faulty connections. Please contact us at support@flameboss.com or 800-978-9078 so that we can open a dialog that will enable us to arrive at a solution for you. Thank you for your understanding.