Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Kabobs

TEXASBGE2018
TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
edited June 2018 in Poultry

If anyone is interested we made chicken kabobs and this recipe is awesome. Its been our go-to for years and it always is a hit. This is enough marinade for several pounds of chicken or beef.

1 Cup oil (either EVOO or Veg Oil)

3/4Cup Soy Sauce

1/2Cup Lemon Juice

2-3 Garlic Cloves chopped

1/4 Cup Worchestershire

1/4 Cup Yellow Mustard

1tsp  Meat Tenderizer

Marinate Overnight or at minimum 4 hours. Pour 3/4 of the marinade over the chicken and reserve 1/4 of it to baste the kabobs as they cook.

We usually cook it with Cut up Pineapple and Onions and Peppers. Just cube the chicken or beef pretty large (around 1 1/2" Cubes)  This is what we made last night. Ate it with steamed rice. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Pics or you microwaved them. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    haha, They are downloading right now.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    Looks great! So glad you cooked the meat and veggies on separate skewers. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    SonVolt said:
    Looks great! So glad you cooked the meat and veggies on separate skewers. 

haha my wife asked me last night why I did that because her family doesn't. I asked her if she liked raw chicken juice all over her pineapple Id be happy to do that for her next time.

• SonVolt
    Yup. meat and veg cook at different rates too... when combined one or the other always suffers. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    SonVolt said:
    Yup. meat and veg cook at different rates too... when combined one or the other always suffers. 

Yep that's why I used the tiered rack. Some of the veg still got a bit toasty.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Yep, looks great!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    I survived the 18 hour brisket so I'm not as much worried about salmonella flavored pineapple. 
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    That meal would be a big hit in this house. I'm too much of a dumb--- to have separated the meat and veggies with previous cooks. That will be addressed...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Our son is a huge Mediterranean chicken fan with basmati rice. It was all I could get him to eat for a very long time. 

Your recipe is similar to ours, and we enjoy this cook from time to time, yet not often enough to our son.

Wings and kabobs. At least he is branching out.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky