Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Did I post a thread a few hours ago?

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
I thought I posted a thread a few hours ago, but I cannot find it.  Did I post it, or did I forget?
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Ask backinbluegrass.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I thought I posted a thread a few hours ago, but I cannot find it.  Did I post it, or did I forget?
    Perhaps it got flushed along with mine. I started a Biden thread, lasted less than 5 hours. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    The nutjob thread?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    The nutjob thread?
    Yes! Okay, good.  I did post it.  I didn't even check it once.  What happened?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2018
    YukonRon said:
    Perhaps it got flushed along with mine. I started a Biden thread, lasted less than 5 hours. 
    No idea when it died.  Posted it around 3hrs and 42 minites ago.  Surely it takes longer than that for it to make it through the complaint, evaluation, judgement, sentencing, and punishment phase of the buffalo.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    nothing spectacular that I saw.   
    Sorry, I don’t recall seeing it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    The nutjob thread?
    Yes! Okay, good.  I did post it.  I didn't even check it once.  What happened?
    I really didn’t see anything controversial beyond @Legume commenting on statistics.  The Buffalo moves in mysterious ways my friend.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    I said that nuts come in shells, not cases and that apparently triggered the Buffalo.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I thought you only had that one thread about doing stuff. 
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    edited June 2018
    @Ozzie_Isaac, I’m not sure what would have gotten your post deep sixed.  I read through it and saw nothing offensive, granted, as a well adjusted adult, I choose to not be offended very often. 
    @YukonRon, I haven’t been on here real long, but that’s the first time I’ve had a thread disappear while I was reading it.  I have some differences of opinion on some policy points with Mr. Biden, but I have read time and again that he is a good and moral man.  Folks sometimes struggle to separate a person’s politics from who they are as a person.  It’s always refreshing to see across the aisle friendships like the one you mentioned in your thread.  Hopefully that can inspire more of us to be friendly with those who hold different views than ourselves.
    XL  Central Ohio
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I had a thread and think it was nuked too.

Billy Billings back in middle school still owes me $1.25 for an extra slice of pizza from the cafeteria. 

Last I remember he went off to Virginia. Was wondering if some of y'all knew him. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Your thread got nuked and yet mine where I tried to do everything I could to get it nuked still remains. Sheesh I was really trying hard too. I guess I need to mention politics a bunch in it and argue more with @YukonRon and @JohnInCarolina.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    The nuke trigger is definitely random (and likely getting twitchy the closer we get to June 12 summit).  I started a thread a couple of years ago calling out (by name) some poor shipping performance.  Gone with two comments (clean) in less than two hours.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    Your thread got nuked and yet mine where I tried to do everything I could to get it nuked still remains. Sheesh I was really trying hard too. I guess I need to mention politics a bunch in it and argue more with @YukonRon and @JohnInCarolina.
    Your thread is rather tame grasshopper, but who knows sometimes as to what triggers. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    I don't really understand the point of setting up a thread for the main purpose of trolling the forum and hopefully getting it nuked, but to each his own I guess.  
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    I think there was a glitch in the system last night.  I added a post to the “Ancestry” thread.  My post is there, but the thread never came back to the top.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2314357#Comment_2314357
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    I think there was a glitch in the system last night.  I added a post to the “Ancestry” thread.  My post is there, but the thread never came back to the top.

The thread has probably just been “sunk”.  It’s a partial Buffalo.
  • tarheelmatt
    I don't really understand the point of setting up a thread for the main purpose of trolling the forum and hopefully getting it nuked, but to each his own I guess.  
    Yeah, good point bud.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    Yeah, good point bud.  
    Strong work?  ;)
  • YukonRon
    The Bolsheviks probably took care of the anti comrade Trump messages anyway. 
    Is the Buffalo Russian too?
    :rofl:

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430

Huh, I wasn’t aware of that possibility.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina

Huh, I wasn’t aware of that possibility.
    Yeah it's like a depth charge rather than a full tactical nuke.  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    YukonRon said:
    Don't think so, just likes to drink the white ones...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TEXASBGE2018

Isn't that the entire reason for your existence on here?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    Don't think so, just likes to drink the white ones...
    This is funny.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina

You’re welcome to point out which recent threads of mine have fit this profile.  I’ll wait.

By the way, did I piss in your cheerios at some point?  I really don’t remember doing that, but I was in Texas back in January and had a lot to drink, so anything is possible I guess.
  • TEXASBGE2018

You’re welcome to point out which recent threads of mine have fit this profile.  I’ll wait.

By the way, did I piss in your cheerios at some point?  I really don’t remember doing that, but I was in Texas back in January and had a lot to drink, so anything is possible I guess.

Not threads, you yourself troll a lot. I target you because within a week of me joining here you deemed it appropriate and reasonable to bust my chops even without knowing anything about me. You are one of the many examples of people on here where its hard to tell if you are joking or serious because in general your replies come off as snarky and as if you think you are smarter and better than most people on here. Maybe before you start making snarky comments to "newbs" you can think for a second about how you come across. Then again maybe you don't give a rip and for that I respect you.

• JohnInCarolina

Not threads, you yourself troll a lot. I target you because within a week of me joining here you deemed it appropriate and reasonable to bust my chops even without knowing anything about me. You are one of the many examples of people on here where its hard to tell if you are joking or serious because in general your replies come off as snarky and as if you think you are smarter and better than most people on here. Maybe before you start making snarky comments to "newbs" you can think for a second about how you come across. Then again maybe you don't give a rip and for that I respect you.
     I really don’t remember what I busted your chops over, but maybe learn to let stuff go.  Or don’t.  Whatever.

I guess trolling can be interpreted in lots of ways.  There is good natured ribbing and then there are folks here who have a lot of history. Not everything that goes on is obvious to new folks.

As to how I come across to people, whether here or in real life, I really couldn’t care less.