Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Metal Top

Options
I saw a video a while back from the convention that showed a new top to replace both the daisy wheel and the ceramic damper. Anyone seen this for sale yet? I’m interested since it replaces the damper which I have dropped and cracked several times. 

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    jwc6160 said:
    I saw a video a while back from the convention that showed a new top to replace both the daisy wheel and the ceramic damper. Anyone seen this for sale yet? I’m interested since it replaces the damper which I have dropped and cracked several times. 

I believe they wont be available till this fall or early next year.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    check out Smoke Ware .com
  • Beavercreek_Smoker
    Options
    I’m also curious. I use the smoke ware SS top on all three my eggs and will never go back to the cast iron daisy wheel. I think they are $35 each if I remember right. I’m sure bge is going to get $100+ but I might be wrong. 

The only complaint I have with the smokeware tops, and this is so petty, is you can’t keep them shinny and pretty without a lot of work. Like I said, petty. A couple times a year I actually clean up my eggs and wash them. They are under a covered porch and get a ton of dust and pollen without the rain washing them off naturally. 

I saw that same video and the one from bge is black and low profile. Or at least what they introduced was. Black you wouldn’t have to worry about the liquid smoke stains and runs. Again pretty petty stuff. What really matters is what the end product is coming out of the egg.