Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Honest Review.

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
So today was the first time I’ve cooked at an event with the smoke Staxx pans, and overall I’d say they are a killer product.   What I liked is very simple I was able to cook a ton of food on a large egg.   I Know this isn’t earth shattering as there are many ways to skin a cat, but these things just made sense to me.  

Fist, I cooked  the  Mac & cheese below my meatloaf but I had even distribution of smoke and heat even with the other pan stacked on top.

Secondly, I liked the fact my meatloaf and bacon dripping were contained well below my meatloaf.  The pans can hold a  liter of liquid before it comes in contact wth the meat.

Thirdly because they are  heavy cast aluminum they held and radiated the heat for manny hours after I pulled them off of the egg.  This was nice for serving the  Mac & cheese because it truly stayed hot for hours.   

Now for the things I wish were a little different 
first you have to set them directly on the platesetter so I had to improvise an air gap with AF.  So if you want to stack them in a large you need to remember you need a spacer.  

Secondly the groves in the in the bottom of the pan while nice for keeping your meat out of it juices, could be a pain to serve sides out of.   

Overall, I like the product and feel that it is worth the spend for me.   I have no affiliation with the company other than I met the guys who’ve designed it.  Is this product a must have, well I honestly can’t answer that for you, but for me I’m glad I have 2 of them coming my direction.  

Feel free to PM if you have any questions.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments