Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Felt like Thai last night..

When I was working in lower Manhattan years ago, a bunch of us used to go to this little Thai restaurant.  It was a little hole in the wall but they made the most amazing spicy Thai beef with basil.  Years seem to have have disappeared between now and then and so did the resturant.  Reciently, I’ve been searching for a good recipe be my fix for that dish and I think I found it... here are my adventures.

Used hangar steak for the beef and it worked out well.  

Added red Thai peppers for heat, onions, plenty of chopped garlic, and red bell pepper..

Some baby white Bok Choy...

Then came the highlight of the dish, the basil.  It’s holy basil or otherwise sometimes called Thai basil. Mmmmmm what an aroma!

Next the wet ingredients for the sauce with a little sugar...

now for the chow fun noodles, don’t forget to scorch them a bit.  It adds so much more depth to the flavor....

a good bit of dark soy for color and some lite soy for that salty Unami goodness...

Steam some veggies...

And some pan fried gyoza...

and dinner is served...

You can find the basic recipe at a great web site “The Woks of Life”. https://thewoksoflife.com/2015/06/thai-basil-beef-pad-gra-prow/.  The wite baby Bok Choy and the chow fun noodles were my add..  if you can find the noodles fresh, I highly recommend them.

Southwestern CT

Comments