Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well I joined the brainless club yesterday!

Options
Did all my prep work to run the egg, lit it up and was cleaning up items I no longer needed for the cook. I have these welding gloves that I just love as they are the perfect thickness to work with.  Anyway, I only find one. I hunt all over the patio behind everything, go inside the house, search everywhere then a panic comes over me. Could I have left it inside the egg? Nah, I wouldn't do something that stupid. About this time the wife comes out and see's me midstream in my frantic search and I explain. We open the egg and of course it is billowing smoke now and the wife is fanning it away and says, "yup, there it is!" Turns out I laid the glove on the far, opposite side that I torch lite the egg. Retrieved the glove and other than being heavily smoked, it was fine. 

Would've added a new dimension in flavor to the two racks of ribs I was smoking huh?
--
Jeff
Near Twin Cities, MN
Large BGE

Comments