Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mr. Pastrami’s wild ride

GrillSgt
GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
Hopefully I learned something tonight but I’m not sure what. So most of you all know I’m doing a pastrami from corned beef for tomorrow as I’ve made myself a bit of a pest. I get the brisket on at 4:00. I’m feeling really good as I have 225 absolutely nailed. No more than 5 degrees either way. Feeling cocky I don’t temp until 7:30. Well hell, it’s at 147, no bark and tough as hell on the probe. Took a deep breath and told myself to check it in an hour. 8:30 and the temp is still 147 and I can feel a bit of tenderness on probe. No bark. 9:30 still 147 but probing better and some bark or crust. So I tell myself I’m taking it off at 6 hrs. Temp was up to 151, fair crust but feeling like firm butter. Nothing that an hour under steam won’t fix. Still a bit concerned about crust but confident the texture and flavor will be good. 

Comments