Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother's Day Tuna with Corn

Options
dmourati
dmourati Posts: 1,268
edited May 2018 in EggHead Forum
My wife asked for tuna for Mother's Day. We had some corn all ready to go in the fridge.

I put some butter with chile powder on the corn and did it raised direct. The tuna was dusted with Swamp Venom and cooked 60s per side in cast iron. Served over a spinach/tomato/onion/corn salad.

Mountain View, CA

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    That is like candy to me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Beautiful!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    Options
    Looks awesome!  My wife also asked for tuna steaks for Mother's Day, but she likes hers cooked all the way through, which is why I don't post my tuna cooks on here.  But, happy wife, happy life!
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    That all looks wonderful!  The corn sounds super simple and looks fantastic.  Gotta try that!
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Cast iron works really well for tuna. You can do it in a dry pan at 400-500F. About a minute per side gives the searing shown above on a ~1in thick piece of fish. I'd really like to get a thicker piece and try it. These came via grocery delivery so I didn't get to pick out the individual steaks. Next time I'll be more choosy.
    Mountain View, CA