Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome fajitas/ turkey question

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, Just had some awesome fajitas, shrimp and some leftover flank steak.The shrimp were cooked with some sugar maple chips at about 250 to give them a nice smokey flavor. I marinated the shrimp in lime juice, cilantro and a little oil and vinegar. Also had a salsa/relish made with a diced mango, 1/8 cup red onion, 1 diced tomitillo, 1 tblsp. cilantro, lime and lemon juice. it was great!!!
Lastly i roasted some jalipinos to give them a little kick. [p] Tomorrow is a turkey breast, speaking of that should i brine overnight or only for a few hours tomorrow?? [p]I've only had my egg for two weeks and all of your advise has been awesome. I have even been teaching the dealer i bought from a thing or two. Thank you all.

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Chuck, Hi Chuck, glad to meet you.
    I cooked a 6 pound turkey breast today that I had brined for about 20 hours, cooked indirect over water and apple juice with one chunk of pecan wood.
    Results was a very moist breast of turkey with plenty of smoke, (maybe a smaller chunk of wood next time ;)), but overall it is a really good piece of turkey.
    hope this helps and if you have questions feel free to ask, or email me.
    Later,
    ChefRD

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Chuck, Don't know what your brine consists of but you're on the right track. Try different variations of flavors of brine to go with your cooking ventures. Different ideas of length of brine times depending on salt and liquid ratios and I'm sure someone will post site to give you ideas. Welcome to the family. Painter