Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Smoked Chicken

scruffy1
scruffy1 Posts: 20
My sister is off on a business trip so we invited brother-in-law and their kids over for dinner. Two lovely smoked chickens on the table followed by his pronouncement "Smoked meat is not healthy, none for us thank you". OK, we are left with a bunch of smoked chicken, great for a sandwich great for an addition to salads, and...? Any ideas? My first idea is not to invite that lot over again!

Comments

• jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    Every few weeks I smoke a couple chickens to turn into various dishes.  Chicken spaghetti (poor folks' tetrazzini), chicken enchiladas, and chicken salad are all good uses for smoked chicken.  You could probably also shred it up with some BBQ sauce like pulled chicken for sandwiches.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,745
    Lots of possibilities, but my vote is enchiladas. And good luck with whatever time you're forced to spend with those Debbie Downers.
    Stillwater, MN
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    Enchiladas. Substitute chicken for the brisket I used last night. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    edited April 2018
    Snacking on chicken straight out of the fridge is always a solid option. 

Welcome to the forum by the way. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    When I smoke chicken I do two, having these around replaced the Rotisserie chicken from Stores.

We usually eat one and I quarter the other and Freeze.  I usually debone it and use it for Enchiladas or Tacos.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Chicken tacos and chicken salad!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    I like to put it on toast and pour Welsh Rarebit over it.  Maybe add bacon too!!

Welcome to the forum.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • I'll bet they stopped for fast food on the way home...
    Egging in Indy...
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Chicken salad, chicken nachos, mix it with pulled pork and make a great Brunswick stew!
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited May 2018
    Southwestern chicken egg rolls 

Stuffed peppers 

chicken and spinach quiche 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642
    may want to brown bag it when you go over to their house for dinner!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Chop some chicken salad sandwich’s 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Love smoked chicken in the wife's chicken ala king and pot pies - adds a great savory flavor with more depth than regular ol' yardbird.

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    Chicken quesadillas, chop it up for buffalo chicken dip, or , my fav, pulled chicken and cheese samich on soft bread with mustard.