Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - D!ck's Sporting Goods to stop selling knives

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
I am just waiting for their announcement after this attack in China

https://au.news.yahoo.com/knife-attacker-kills-seven-children-wounds-12-china-143514431--spt.html
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    They will also destroy all remaining inventory.
    I quit shopping there a few years ago when the became turncoats to the 2A. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    It is Friday.  This could generate some entertainment.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Mix in a little Kanye, and we have a winner!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Never has a brand name been more apropos.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    edited April 2018
    There was a privately held chain here in CA..."Chick's.  It was named after the owner, but it did seem to employ younger, attractive females.  After the acquisition it went from Chick's to "****'s"...guess it's keeping with the current trend of gender transitioning.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    SSQUAL612 said:
    There was a privately held chain here in CA..."Chick's.  It was named after the owner, but it did seem to employ younger, attractive females.  After the acquisition it went from Chick's to "****'s"...guess it's keeping with the current trend of gender transitioning.
    Guess you can say penis but not the nickname for someone named Richard.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SSQUAL612 said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Guess you can say penis but not the nickname for someone named Richard.
    "Bupka Penis"
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Did they append the term "Dirty" to the front of the name?  I recall a place here that followed the failed Hooters in SF that used the name.

For the thread:  Don't joke.  The mayor of London is trying to institute knife control.  I wonder how much a decent chefs knife would go for on the black market.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    baychilla said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Did they append the term "Dirty" to the front of the name?  I recall a place here that followed the failed Hooters in SF that used the name.

For the thread:  Don't joke.  The mayor of London is trying to institute knife control.  I wonder how much a decent chefs knife would go for on the black market.
    For the thread: No joke - most US states have laws regarding various types of knives that are legal and which can be open or concealed carry.

I believe that most states still ban switchblades for instance.

Some US cities may have their own additional restrictions.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Many states have more severe penalties for carrying nunchucks or throwing stars than for an unlicensed concealed pistol.
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    Way back when...the “rule” used to be that you could carry a folding knife but the blade could be no more than 3”. Anything bigger and the Deputy Dawgs could try and bust you for a concealed weapon.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Many states have more severe penalties for carrying nunchucks or throwing stars than for an unlicensed concealed pistol.
    Nunchucks are wicked dangerous, but then so is the ground.  Just ask this guy.

https://youtu.be/qsEZ2lpM0Yw
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS