Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sausage and dogs

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

I know Duke will never turn down hotdogs and I was in need of a quick cook Sunday, but I didn't want hot dogs, so I picked up some Dietz & Watson Polska Kielbasa. Figured they'd be a little better than hotdogs.

Fired up the Mini to around 400, cracked a beer and cooked/reheated them till I got a char I liked and my beer was gone. Picture doesn't show Duke's hotdog that cooked a little quicker

Served up with a salad and some collards that Mrs. G made to go with her dinner but she didn't eat them all.

Not a bad little quick Sunday dinner. Not gourmet, but not hotdogs. Hope everybody had a great weekend.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    They sure look good! I love Hotdogs and have eaten them all my life> i am partial to Chicago Dogs as I was born and raised on them and worked in Chicago so hit a lot of stands working. I love Sausage also and remember Jimmy's Maxwell Street Polish and how awesome good they were. Jimmy's is still operating by the way but not on Maxwell St. but over on Union Ave. I believe. I used to stay up on Friday nights as I knew my mother would go to Jimmy's Hotdog wagon for a Hotdog and I wanted to be with her. This was a little truck that had a Hotdog with a very special sauce that was awesome good and can still be had in Aurora, Illinois out on I think Galena Ave. at a Gas Station. Sorry about the long post but I like the dogs and sausage like the Brats simmered in Beer and Onions and then Grilled. Reminds me I got to do those for dinner soon!

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Great cook.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Great looking dogs!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Damn that looks like a magazine spread. Nice. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    I likah’ your sausage dogs, Griffen.   :D 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Grif, that looks like a doggone good effort!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice man!  Duke must have his learners permit by now  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    @Griffin Dam man that looks good. I would do the same not a hot dog fan. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Looking at the picture....does it come with grill marks already on the sausage? Just kidding of course....love me some linkage of all sorts.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow