Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket sliders

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
Saw a pretty good looking recipe on the Food Network the other day. Brisket sliders. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/valerie-bertinelli/brisket-sliders-with-white-barbecue-sauce-5193947.amp 

Normally I do briskets in the egg, and they’re usually between 6-14lbs but this one calls for a 2.5lb(I gotta 3) in the crock, and it does sound good. My question is the recipe say about 6hours on high - Could I do 12 hours on low?

Comments

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    I would continue to do them in the egg and then follow the rest of the recipe.  The crock will disappoint if you're used to smoked briskets.
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    being in Alabama now, I have worked to perfect white sauce and most people really enjoy it, let me know if you are going to make that with them and I can help with a tried and true recipe you will enjoy.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Powak
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    I would continue to do them in the egg and then follow the rest of the recipe.  The crock will disappoint if you're used to smoked briskets.
    No kidding right? Maybe I could use the onion soup mix as a rub and lay the onions in wheels on top
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Powak said:
    GoooDawgs said:
    No kidding right? Maybe I could use the onion soup mix as a rub and lay the onions in wheels on top
    You may be onto something... that sounds pretty good!
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Powak
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    Powak said:
    GoooDawgs said:
    You may be onto something... that sounds pretty good!
    I’ve heard smoked onions are delicious. A coworkers done em.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I always make sliders with the leftover flat...add some slaw and caramelized onions and you're good to go.  I use the French Fried Onions to add a crunchy texture and it's always a winner around here.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen