Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- ACM Awards

Botch
Botch Posts: 15,427
Although I played in country bands on weekends for a couple decades, I'm not a big fan of the music (yeah, odd).  I was multitasking when 60 Minutes ended tonight, and the Academy of Country Music Awards came on, held in LV, and its still on.  I know the culture change has been going on since, well, rap hit the rock stations, but I don't recognize most of "country" music as country, anymore.
Gossamer wisps of fabric, serving as blouses, boobs spilling out left and right (not that that's a bad thing), sparkly-glittery, red vinyl outfits on the guys (ick), man-buns (ick^3), and rock music arrangements/chords.  
I'm turning the TV off now, and the 'pooter; putting ToP's East Bay Grease on the Oppo, and cranking it for the rest of the evening.  May be late for work tomorrow.
'nite, folks!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Thank God for Sturgill Simpson. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Sounds great!  The Comey interview was fascinating.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    No idea what they are, never watched them.  Any wardrobe malfunctions?  Actually, don’t answer that...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    I'm with ya Botch. It's really hard to listen to country radio these days.  I do enjoy Chris Stapleton, and Margo Price.  Broken Halos has been my jam recently, love that song.  Jason Aldean is about the only thing I can tolerate.  Love Dierks, but even his new stuff is terrible.

I cringe and turn the radio station for two artists, Sam Hunt, and Mick Jagger on the classic rock station.

The new Jack and Diane song by Owen is rough.  CM barely has a pulse.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I saw Alan Jackson sing his song "Chattahoochee." Which was great. After his performance Reba announced the category for "Album of the Year." I didn't recognize a single song that they played. Which would make sense after I deleted all my locked in current country stations on my trucks radio 7 or so years ago. I thought someone was playing a joke on me and locked my truck radio on a R&B channel. Turns out it wasn't a joke. When I flipped back to the channel it was still the same R&B "country" song. That was the turning point. I couldn't tell the difference in country music anymore.  I don't think I've missed much after the few short clips I saw yesterday when flipping in between commercials. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Didn't watch a single minute of it - all for the same reasons you stated. Here is a short list of artists/bands that I would recommend instead:

Tyler Childers
    Joshua Hedley
    Sturgill Simpson
    Turnpike Troubadours
    Cody Jinks
    Chris Knight
    The Steel Woods
    Brent Cobb
    Jason Boland
    Colter Wall
    Whitey Morgan
    Justin Townes Earl
    Jeremy Pinnell
    The White Buffalo
    Western Centuries
    Hayes Carll
    Ryan Bingham

There are plenty of others I know. This is a good start though!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    https://youtu.be/5y4qmWF9TIM

My only experience with country is Canadian bluegrass about incest
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    fence0407 said:
    Didn't watch a single minute of it - all for the same reasons you stated. Here is a short list of artists/bands that I would recommend instead:

Tyler Childers
    Joshua Hedley
    Sturgill Simpson
    Turnpike Troubadours
    Cody Jinks
    Chris Knight
    The Steel Woods
    Brent Cobb
    Jason Boland
    Colter Wall
    Whitey Morgan
    Justin Townes Earl
    Jeremy Pinnell
    The White Buffalo
    Western Centuries
    Hayes Carll
    Ryan Bingham

How cool is it that Chris Stapleton and Tyler Childers are from the same town? 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    fence0407 said:

Tyler Childers
    Joshua Hedley
    Sturgill Simpson
    Turnpike Troubadours
    Cody Jinks
    Chris Knight
    The Steel Woods
    Brent Cobb
    Jason Boland
    Colter Wall
    Whitey Morgan
    Justin Townes Earl
    Jeremy Pinnell
    The White Buffalo
    Western Centuries
    Hayes Carll
    Ryan Bingham

Love Bingham. Even better live in concert 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Even though he's a Ky boy I would have to leave Chris Knight off your list. On  a recording he's ok but in person he likes to sing with a chaw in his mouth. I don't know if he wants to come off as good old boy or what but it's bizarre.

I know there are tons more but Jamie Johnson is at the top of any of my lists. Also Lucinda.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    I posted this in the what are you listening to now thread but it is appropriate for here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nfuZLDsvmc