Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Power is out

Teefus
Teefus Posts: 1,204
Thank goodness it’s warm (about 60) and I have an Egg to cook dinner. No worries here. 
Michiana, South of the border.

Comments

• Teefus
    The power is back on. I had to soldier through BGE meatloaf and kale braised in ham broth. Tough to take (not). 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Teefus said:
    The power is back on. 
    Glad to hear it ^^^^^^^^^

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    I think power outages have to clear at least a week to garner any sympathy around here.  Too many have had major outages independent of time of year.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Teefus
    A week would be a major PITA. We've not had one of those for 15 years or so. It was in the winter too. I burned a full cord of wood just to keep the house at 50*. We used the garage as a refrigerator so we didn't lose any food. Cooked meals on the grill or in the fireplace in a hanging stew pot. The funny part was that I lived in the city at the time and had a gas water heater so we had hot showers the whole time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    Teefus said:
    A week would be a major PITA. We've not had one of those for 15 years or so. It was in the winter too. I burned a full cord of wood just to keep the house at 50*. We used the garage as a refrigerator so we didn't lose any food. Cooked meals on the grill or in the fireplace in a hanging stew pot. The funny part was that I lived in the city at the time and had a gas water heater so we had hot showers the whole time.
    thats my life in the winter when the power is on B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    Teefus said:
    The power is back on. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Teefus
    SGH said:
    Teefus said:
    The power is back on. 

That's exactly how it went down. Do you live by me?
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Jinx...now my power is out.   
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SGH
    edited April 2018
    Teefus said:
     Do you live by me?
    I’m not sure brother. I live “just this side” of Biloxi, MS. 
    You?

Status- Standing by.

• Teefus
    The other side.  :)
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Here also. Thunderstorm with a tornado warning.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Somehow, we still have power.
    Somehow, we still have power.
    Us too. Thank goodness. 

Status- Standing by.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Scottie my weather app says that it will get there about 6 pm. I am at Hattiesburg for the moment.
  • SGH
    Unfortunately it looks like several more hours of it is still on the way. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Power just flashed off here for about 5 seconds.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited April 2018
    Scottie my weather app says that it will get there about 6 pm. I am at Hattiesburg for the moment.
    We got lucky and it didn’t start getting really bad until right around 1:00pm. However it’s been really bad since it started. Has not slacked up for a second. The thunder, lightning and heavy rain has been relentless. 
    With that said, about 8 hours of the storm stayed just west of us. It was suppose to hit us last night and last all day. So I guess we got a little lucky. 

Status- Standing by.