Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - We hit Syria

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,467
Not to ruin anyone's weekend, but I hope you check in on the news tonight.  We, GB and France just hit three chemical-weapon-related targets in Syria.  I'm no fan of Cadet Bonespur, but I can't disagree with this action; dropping chlorine (and possibly Sarin) on a mostly-civilian area, that is ALREADY surrounded by your own forces, is just not acceptable.  

We did not target any Syrian leadership targets, per US policy (not one I've ever agreed with, but that's another thread, and not appropriate for this forum anyway).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Appropriate.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Ppl can say what they want about trump. He’s an idiot on almost everything he does but he’s not afraid to drop bombs on that a$$. He’s a savage. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Pretty pathetic response.
    Options
    I knew when he pulled our folks out of Syria, shid was going to get real.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    At least he didn't telegraph anything like dum Obummer....wait...whoops!
    Options
    I'll keep this short and sweet, but i'm sure launching tomahawks on "strategic targets" will do little to nothing in regards to suppressing Assad and his regime. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    I'll keep this short and sweet, but i'm sure launching tomahawks on "strategic targets" will do little to nothing in regards to suppressing Assad and his regime. 
    It's not about Assad, it's about making sure that Russia knows who's really in charge. Putin will keep pushing the boundaries if he thinks he can get away with it. At least Trump now seems to realise the severity of the Russian threat and has shown Putin he's not got a free rein.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Russian threat?  Give me a break!  The 1980s want their foreign policy back!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    It's hard to keep track of all these lines Obummer and Shrillery laid down.  Red line for Assad.  A stick in the sand for Putin, telling him to play nice.  I'm sure there are others...so cornfusing.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 356
    Options
    Heard trump tweeted to Putin to move his equipment so was just Syrian military in the areas that was hit. In concept, anyway.