Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One More Jack Post

Options
BBQfan1
BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hopefully this isn't overkill on the topic of 'The Jack' cookoff in Lynchburg this past weekend, but I just got in the door a couple hours ago after taking 2 days to drive back to Canada following the event.
I know we're all already aware of the amazing folks at BGE HQ, but I can't let this occasion pass without expressing the gratitude and admiration that our Dizzy Pig Canada team has for the company as a whole and for Lou, Jim and Bobby in particular through their enthusiasm, support and above-the-call assistance this weekend. Knowing that we faced a huge trip down from Canada, Bobby brought almost all we needed, and more, to turn in our best possible product at this prestigious event (5th brisket, 10th pork, 23rd of 65 overall).
It's our hope that our enthusiasm for the BGE and our level of success this season, and this weekend, can even begin to match the level of support reflected back towards us from both the US staff and John and Brian (the Grills Guys) who distribute the Green Egg here in Canada..
Thanks Bobby, Jim, Lou, John, Brian and all at BGE for an amazing 2006 competition season!
Mike/Qfan
Dizzy Pig BBQ Canada

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Hey Man...you know you are very welcome and it was the least we could do. You guys do an awesome job of promoting the EGG not just in Canada but in many parts of the States.[p]On a personal note...it was my pleasure to have you use my stuff and I very much like the little jar of heaven you gave me as a present. :)

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Congrats on the nice showing down in Lynchburg, you guys have had yet another good year.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Newbs
    Newbs Posts: 188
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Way to go Mike. Congrats to you and your team, and to the D.P. boys from the US. Good showing for both teams.[p]Cheers,[p]John
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]BBQfan1,[p]Congratulationas on another fine year Mike!![p]I'll bet those "Jugs" make the ride home, just a little sweeeeter!![p]Now as to Mr. Cresap:[p]Using his stuff is one thing....but if Bobby offers you a ride, (in a golf cart)...I'm gonna say, you say:[p]"Nooooooo thanks there.... Bobby"!![p]Trust me...it's the right thing, and you'll thank me later!![p]Just fron friendly advice from the lower 48.[p]LOL...LMAO![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • BBQfan1,
    Congrats for a great showing at the Jack and for a fantastic year of competition. [p]Dan

• Sandbagger
    Options
    BBQfan1, Congrats on the fantastic job. I did not even know you were competing.[p]So, when dizzy north meets dizzy south is there a competition within the competition and/or a little side action happenin! Just curious. [p]I'm making NB a woo ring for the medium egg. Let me know if you need one or anything else. I'm happy to help out. T

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    Hey Tom... There may a little light-hearted trash talk between us (very little), but really, Chris and I are more apt to share the little things we pick up or discover in the time cooking apart in hopes that they help out the other guy. Strange how it went this year in that I passed a chicken tip along to Chris and they were 6th with it (we were 14th) and Chris gave us a sauce recipe to help our ailing brisket and we took 5th in that category and they were in the teens. So really, the competition is with ourselves to do the best we can. The ideal would be for one of us to take Grand and the other Reserve; now if that was the scenario, the battle for top Pig might be a little more animated! LOL
    Qfan