Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings on the Egg

Options
 I've enjoyed great success with Buffalo Wings on my Egg using Frank's Red Hot. I cook to temp, coat  the wings in Frank's, honey, and brown sugar, and put them back on for five minutes to caramelize. I'm considering dipping in Valentina's Mexican Hot Sauce for a tex Mex take on it. Has anyone tried anything with Valentina's on the Egg? 

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Not here but not for lack of trust with anything associated with Valentina's.  It's a long road-trip for me and I have not looked for it when I shop HEB's on-line.  Go for it-the only Valentina's groceries I have had have been off the chart.  What's a bunch of wings and sauce for the experience?  FWIW- 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    No but unless the Valentinas has a vastly different sugar content than Franks I wouldn't worry about it.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. A buddy is returning from a deployment to Dubai. Promised him brisket and buffalo wings (and some malt based carbonated beverages). If this works, it'll become a staple. I'll let you know.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Love Valentina’s hot sauce, I’m sure they’ll be delicious