Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thought about a mini...

Dec
Dec Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
But ordered a small. Can't wait to open the box next week and fire her up!
The new egg will be in good company with my green #7.
If anyone has any special tips or cautions for the small, feel free to let me know.[p]Mardi, my emails to you bounce back. See your original post about the dealer.[p]Cheers to all,[p]Dec

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Dec,
    Did you buy from "Cornfed's" source? How were they to work with, would you do it again? I am thinking about a mini from them.
    Fireball

• Dec
    Fireball,[p]Yes, I did order from Cornfeds source. I placed my order with Robb over the phone. I am not comfortable having my card numbers on the Internet yet.
    Robb was very personable and the transaction was swift and painless (until the bill comes of course).
    I will add that there is a shipping charge now but very minimal. I am in California and it was only $25. [p]Dec[p]

• Fireball,
    Where would I find out more about "Cornfed's"[p]source? I'm thinking about how nice a small[p]would look next to my medium![p]Ed

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    BearFan, Halcogrills 1-800=368-0803 Painter

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Dec,[p]Have fun with the small (or did you get the mini).[p]As far as credit cards on the Internet, things are better than most folks fear. I have one credit card that is always (only) used on the Internet. I look the bill over each month, like I do for the others, but that one is always a bit more challenging. Many Internet companies use billing services that bill under crazy names like XYZ corp when you may be looking for a bill from Amazon.com but I have had no problems with purchases or people using my card without permission. [p]I also know how to tell the credit card company that I am not paying a bill if the merchandise is faulty. I have had to do that a few times but I always get my credit.[p]Tim
  • Dec
    Tim M,[p]I just got a little nervous when a program on TV talked about how hackers steal credit card numbers for fun just because they can. The producers even showed a case where a woman's identity was stolen. The hacker bought a car totaled it. Rented a car, and totaled it. Then the woman received phone calls from the credit card companies asking for their $23,000.
    Hackers can even enter your computer and talk to you through your speakers if they feel like it. Personal email is not even personal; you or I can download programs off the Internet to crack passwords to monitor another persons email. They only advice the program gave was to constantly upgrade your firewall. I'm probably just being paranoid but if I can, I will still do it the old fashioned way.[p]Dec

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Dec, in a way, I agree with both you and TimM..and I wonder, if the company is computer oriented, your information may very well still be compromised. If the hacker is intent on entry..all the info if not firewall protected is still there.
    E.bay was hit a while back as well as another company and I recieved warnings to check my c.card invoices...Later they reported that the hacker was stonewalled before he got very far..Still your info is pertinent. Best to change up your card frequently. I generally feel the digital coding in the locked configuration is as good as any right now. So I do use it. In fact, I just bought my long awaited mini egg a half hour ago..Now I can go fishing...Like Earl..heeeeyaaaa.
    C~W[p]

• Fireball & Painter,[p]Thanks guys![p]Ed

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Char-Woody, now that you have a mini I'll have to take a picture of my mini-table. Built two of them last Saturday (one for my brother and one for me) at a total cost of $40. ($20 a piece). It looks cute in it. It's 20" wide by 30" long and 30"high. It has two shelves (one for the mini-egg to sit on its stone and another to put "stuff" on) I wound up framing it with pressure treated 2x4 split in half to get some good quality 2x2s. I put wheels on mine (my brother can put his own wheels on) and it moves nicely from deck to screen porch.

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Wise One,
    Please post the picture!
    I can't imagine my husband using his saw twice in one decade though....

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    J Appledog,
    OK but it will take a while. I've got soccer refereeing this weekend but will try to get a pic out soon.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Dec,[p]I think there is a $50 max if someone steals your card. Heck, you hand that thing to all sorts of clerks, waiters, waitresses, and give the numbers over the phone to a girl who can write it down and use it 6 months from today or sell the list to someone else later. Heck, anything "can" happen but with millions of transactions per day over the internet, you would have better odds playing the lottery. If you are aware of your charges, you have the power -- you have to know the rules and how to play the game with credit cards, but you have the upper hand. Until you pay that bill off each month (avoid balances), you have the power and a letter stating why you are not paying that one disputed charge will stop the clock on them charging you a finance chage while you dispute it. I love those cards! [p]Tim
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Tim M,
    I'm not sure whether I should say "WHOA" or "Wow" or "Whew".....

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Dec,[p]I added a small to compliment my large. It turned out the other way around. I use my small constantly. It grills and does high temp work flawlessly. I especially like how the meat cooks uniformly across the entire grill surface. To restock from the last cook, I only add one two handed grab of lump. I can't suggest any special tips or cautions because it cooks the same as the large.[p]Carl T