Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - NASCAR going electric!?! - OT

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,467
I doubt the fans will go for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_-9S8ab_Ns

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    This just in!  MLB to go to all plastic bats by 2020 to cut down on trees being cut down to make wooden bats!

Say it ain’t so Joe!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    Glad to see it.  I hear right turns are next.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Not to get off on a rant here, but on a serious note just the same, if the right flaming liberal ever gets in office, NASCAR going electric may just become a reality. This clown would love it. 

I would like to beat the $hit out of him. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    Options
    I see electric drag cars before nascars
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    Options
    I see electric drag cars before nascars
    That would be sad too brother assasin. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said: go
    Not to get off on a rant here, but on a serious note just the same, if the right flaming liberal ever gets in office, NASCAR going electric may just become a reality. This clown would love it. 

Jesus Christ, Scottie
    SGH said:

Cut the boy some slack, he made it possible for us to have this forum. Plus, he didn't whine like Miss Pants Suit when he lost. By the way, can anyone tell me which man it was that we refused to tell to shut up when he lost the presidential race and whined like a little beeyotch? Maybe I am not old enough to remember. Please keep whining Hillary, at least until the November elections.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Trump started whining about losing the "rigged" elections weeks before they were held.  I can only imagine how he would have aired his grievances if he lost.
    Maybe he would have whined, maybe not. November 2016 was a long time ago, and that shrill, bloated faced woman is still whining. I hope she is like that Energizer Bunny.
  • SGH
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Trump started whining 
    I think you meant winning =)
    Its what Trump does with every breath. He wins. If you doubt it, give Hillary a call and ask her who is President and who it was that kicked her a$$. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Maybe he would have whined, maybe not. November 2016 was a long time ago, and that shrill, bloated faced woman is still whining. I hope she is like that Energizer Bunny.
    Zero chance on the "maybe not".  
    99.9 % chance of continued whining from Hillary.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    NFW.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Because electric super cars will never exist ever...

https://youtu.be/j8IscEyYrV0

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I’d run my 911 against that tin foil POS everyday and love it.  50:50.  And yes, it’s a turbo S.  Pretty car you pulled up.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Comps?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    DMW said:

Nice!

And 12 seconds faster around the Ring than a Porsche 911 Turbo S. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:

Nice!

Just so happens NIO is one of our customers :smiley:
    https://thenewstack.io/3-devops-insights-nio-maker-self-driving-cars-kubernetes-power-user/

NIO told me a great story about Big Switch Networks, for example. The challenge that NIO was having was getting overlay networking to work at scale on Kubernetes. IP space management was a huge challenge in particular due to the huge number of IPs associated with each container cluster. The company wanted a software-defined network that was integrated with the CNCF Container Networking Interface (CNI) standard so that it could have a flatter network architecture and automate IP space management and network space management. The problem was that this didn’t exist. Having identified the problem, NIO then worked with Big Switch to extend support for the CNI interface, resulting in a stable networking solution today in its platform.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Can Big Switch Networks help my network speed in my bathroom with the door closed?  Asking for a friend...
    Options
    Can Big Switch Networks help my network speed in my bathroom with the door closed?  Asking for a friend...
    Yes, indirectly.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    DMW said:
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:

Nice!

Just so happens NIO is one of our customers :smiley:
    https://thenewstack.io/3-devops-insights-nio-maker-self-driving-cars-kubernetes-power-user/

NIO told me a great story about Big Switch Networks, for example. The challenge that NIO was having was getting overlay networking to work at scale on Kubernetes. IP space management was a huge challenge in particular due to the huge number of IPs associated with each container cluster. The company wanted a software-defined network that was integrated with the CNCF Container Networking Interface (CNI) standard so that it could have a flatter network architecture and automate IP space management and network space management. The problem was that this didn’t exist. Having identified the problem, NIO then worked with Big Switch to extend support for the CNI interface, resulting in a stable networking solution today in its platform.
    Dude.  I have no idea what you just wrote.  Glad there are peeps like you who understand this stuff.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    NASCAR is the metaphorical identity of the future; America becoming great again, because everyone is turning left.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Zaltydog
    Zaltydog Posts: 106
    Options
    Your probably correct with the metaphor as NASCAR is accelerating down the ole sh*tcan just as the country will with a turn to the left  =).
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    Zaltydog said:
    Your probably correct with the metaphor as NASCAR is accelerating down the ole sh*tcan just as the country will with a turn to the left  =).
    Well the odds of people’s grammar improving certainly do seem to be low.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    They should make it a giant slot car race......it would be about as exciting.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    I was shocked walking through the pits and there was a motorcycle with a power cord stuck in the gas tank. Formula E compete against each other and run with the 600s. I haven't ridden one yet, but they are on the road.
    It would solve the problem for local tracks which have noise complaints from those moving into the new subdivisions built next door.
    Cooking on the coast
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    I wonder if they’ll have a sound box on them. NASCAR is built on that thunder. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Gas, electric, nuclear, whatever is fastest.  That's what I'm for.
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Gas, electric, nuclear, whatever is fastest.  That's what I'm for.
    What about lump fired steam engine?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA