Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FTC boneless pork loin roast

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
Can you foil towel cooler a boneless pork loin roast? I’ve got a 7 pounder that’s going to reach 145 an hour and some change before the guests arrive.

Comments

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    I would. I think it might actually be beneficial. Maybe add some liquid? 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Yes, but don't FTC immediately after pulling it off, carryover cooking will over cook it. The higher the cooking temp, the more pronounced the carryover will be. What temp are you cooking at? You might want to pull it off at 140*, then let it rest on the counter and monitor temps. It will coast in to 145* and then start to drop. That's when to FTC.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    DMW said:
    Yes, but don't FTC immediately after pulling it off, carryover cooking will over cook it. The higher the cooking temp, the more pronounced the carryover will be. What temp are you cooking at? You might want to pull it off at 140*, then let it rest on the counter and monitor temps. It will coast in to 145* and then start to drop. That's when to FTC.
    Yeah I want to pull it when it’s still juicy but not too pink. Got some sensitive eyes eating at the table today.