Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great time at Mobile, and I won something too!!

ronbeaux
ronbeaux Posts: 988
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There were ten cooking teams and hundreds of curious people that showed up today to see/ask about the BGE. I started them out with John's ABTs(egret), then switched to plain ole Richards Green Onion sausage. In the mean time I had some Baby Backs going on a large and waiting on my fricking hamburger to thaw! When it thawed I made a beauxburger with feta cheese, mushrooms, and proscuitto using a medium(my first experience with a medium.) Both came off at 5 minutes before judging and my wife "plated" it for the sanctioned KCBS judges.[p]I ended up meeting a bunch of VERY nice people, trying my best to answer countless questions, and winning the "Best Team Presentation" award. Interviewed on the radio, and filmed for a TV show as well.[p]The judges said my ribs were very good and the beauxburger was "simple yet elegant!" Wow what a good feeling and I owe it to the eggsperts here!!![p]Thanks Chubby! That rosemary thing put the final touch on the beauxburger![p]Pics to follow when I find my da**m cord!

Comments

• congratulations for a great job - it does feel good to be a winner
    in my mind all eggers are winners because the use the best
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    ronbeaux,
    I had a great time at Mobile Eggtoberfest today. I am kicking myself that I couldn't hang out for the beauxburger. I thought the stuffed Jalepeno's were egg-cellent too! They didn't last long! I am glad to have met you in person today. I am egg-cited about the possiblity of going to Eggtoberfest in Atlanta next year too. If possible I will definately work on skills to be a cook at Mobile's 3rd Annual at an Eggtoberfest. It will be difficult to top what you did this year. Your food was killer![p]Best Regards, Pharmeggist[p]P.S. I would definately drive to Mobile again all over just for one day... just to meet the nice people I encountered and the egg-cellent samples.

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Pharmeggist,
    Thanks! I /We enjoyed meeting you and your Mom today as well! I had fun and didn't care about no plack, just wanted to cook and meet people. See you at an eggfest later.[p]We are beat. 0330 comes early!! I would drive 4 hours any time to meet the people I met today.[p]ronbeaux

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Man, the famous beauburger! I can't wait for March in Florida!!