Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Finished my build

leemschu
leemschu Posts: 609
I know this won’t last long but...Finished another AR build today. Seekins receiver set and rail with a JP Barrel kit and a AR Gold trigger. 

Dyersburg, TN

Comments

• Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Looks good, have you ever thought of a binary trigger ?
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    20" ? 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• leemschu
    18”
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Love that lower. I have that upper on my 300 sbr. I’m a southpaw so the overbuilt brass deflector has been my new favorite toy. 

Have you liked that stock so far?  I love the look but I’m always afraid it will get hung up in my gear. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• leemschu
    Love that lower. I have that upper on my 300 sbr. I’m a southpaw so the overbuilt brass deflector has been my new favorite toy. 

Have you liked that stock so far?  I love the look but I’m always afraid it will get hung up in my gear. 
    I haven’t gotten to try it out but seems sturdy. It’s mainly a race gun so I will have minimum gear on. Could see it being a no on something with a chest rig or PC.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Nice looking build. I have a Rock River lower that I bought back in 2009 that I still haven’t built yet. Trying to decide which way to go. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    I’m not a gun person myself but I do support the Second Amendment. This is a serious question and I’m not trolling. What do you do with a gun like that?  
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • CTMike
    MJG said:
    I’m not a gun person myself but I do support the Second Amendment. This is a serious question and I’m not trolling. What do you do with a gun like that?  
    They are fun to shoot, and are used in 3 gun competitions. Would it surprise you to know that an AR-15 is basically the same as this:

Both shoot the same .223 ammo, both are semi-automatic, both can accept high capacity magazines. The only real difference is that one looks evil (so-called evil black rifle). 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Thanks @CTMike. I was just curious. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • leemschu
    MJG said:
    Yes I use them for competitive shooting and hunting. And it’s very fun. Provides meat for my egg often
    Dyersburg, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Kewl
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    CTMike said:
    MJG said:
    They are fun to shoot, and are used in 3 gun competitions. Would it surprise you to know that an AR-15 is basically the same as this:

Both shoot the same .223 ammo, both are semi-automatic, both can accept high capacity magazines. The only real difference is that one looks evil (so-called evil black rifle). 
    People that don't know that should not be allowed to discuss guns or how to regulate them.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CTMike
    DMW said:
    CTMike said:
    MJG said:

People that don't know that should not be allowed to discuss guns or how to regulate them.
    Now you’re starting to sound like the feminists who feel that only those folks with a vagina should be able to write laws concerning abortion. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.