Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grilled cauliflower, testing out my new veggie rack

Options
Wanted the ability to do veggies (green beans, broccoli, cauliflower) without having to use a skillet, I wanted a grilled/charred flavor, too many times my veggies fall through the grate so here we go... bought a grease splatter screen and cut the handle off - worked like a charm! I can see throwing this under a rack of ribs or a chicken near the end of the cook for a quick side. 15" diameter should hold a ton of veggies.

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Yeah looks good.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I may have to try that.  I have a rectangular basket of wires, 1/4" openings or so, that I'm currently using.  Nothing falls thru, the veggies are cooked perfectly, but the basket is a b*tch to clean; the screen would clean much easier.  Thanks!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month