Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It’s like drinking too much, only different...

Options
TylerLane
TylerLane Posts: 15
edited March 2018 in EggHead Forum
New friends,

I had a meat-filled weekend.  It was amazing, but last night I woke up nauseous.  Made it through the night unscathed, but ugh, are meat hangover’s a thing?

If you’ve never experienced a meat hangover here’s my recipe:

I already reported in another post on a small beef tenderloin and a rack of BB’s.  That was Friday.  Good stuff.

Saturday was a butt:

I like low and slows, I’m learning, but those have been my least successful.  I think I’m waiting too long to pull because of a last stubborn section that still probes firm.  In pursuit of that section, I’m drying things out a little.  Both of my first two have been good, but not great.  A little sauce on the pork made it plenty tasty.

Yesterday I woke up and had nothing to cook.  Sam’s is right around the corner, problem solved.  By noon I had some pork belly burnt ends on.  That was for an app, and pork tenderloin went on around 6 for dinner.  I forgot to take photo of the finished ends — we were too excited — but here they coming off the smoker before braisin’ and glazin’, followed by the tenderloin:

The app then dinner plan is not how it worked out.   We gorged on the PB burnt ends.  No one ate the tenderloin.  (Which is too bad.  I sampled and it was darn good.)

The gorging part is the key to this hang over recipe. It’s also the easy part.  The little suckers are tasty and hard to stop consuming  (another similarity to adult beverages), but I recommend you pound through any sense of restraint.  You won’t won’t regret it.

It’s been 12 hours, and I’m still not fully recovered.   What a weekend.

YMMV.

Tyler

Comments