Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WTF and UUNI

victor1
victor1 Posts: 225
Two  things today.    First,   just received word my Uuni pro will be delivered in a couple of days.  When ordered, they said delivery would be about mid March, so right on time. Anxious to try it.  Second,  my wife and I dined at WTF (wheres the food) in Cabo San Lucas a few days ago.  Their claim to fame is that they use Kobe Wagyu beef for their burgers and also feature Wagyu hot dogs.  The food was really pretty darned good.  Burger was cooked to perfection, not overly seasoned and great consistency.   In all honesty, I can't say it was much different then what I get at my local meat market.  The hot dog was far above anything I've ever had.  Again, great consistency and excellent flavor.  Back to Uuni, I know many have been critical of their customer service.   I emailed them about ten days ago as to delivery time and received a response in just a few hours.  Yesterday, received  shipping confirmation and tracking information.  Hopefully they have a better handle on customer service. 

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I’d be interested in your journey. Keep us posted. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    There's a group on Facebook for the Uuni Pro you might want to look at. Some interesting/useful info there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/615249602199062/

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    victor1 said:
    Two  things today.    First,   just received word my Uuni pro will be delivered in a couple of days.  When ordered, they said delivery would be about mid March, so right on time. Anxious to try it.  Second,  my wife and I dined at WTF (wheres the food) in Cabo San Lucas a few days ago.  Their claim to fame is that they use Kobe Wagyu beef for their burgers and also feature Wagyu hot dogs.  The food was really pretty darned good.  Burger was cooked to perfection, not overly seasoned and great consistency.   In all honesty, I can't say it was much different then what I get at my local meat market.  The hot dog was far above anything I've ever had.  Again, great consistency and excellent flavor.  Back to Uuni, I know many have been critical of their customer service.   I emailed them about ten days ago as to delivery time and received a response in just a few hours.  Yesterday, received  shipping confirmation and tracking information.  Hopefully they have a better handle on customer service. 
    Order the propane option for your Uuni and get back to us on their customer service.
    Your meal in Cabo sounds fantastic.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Good luck with the Uuni Pro.  It looks like a really nice piece of kit.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    Photo Egg said:
    victor1 said:
    Order the propane option for your Uuni and get back to us on their customer service.
    They've (Uuni) explained at length what the problem is with making the propane burner available in the US but they probably should at least have a canned boilerplate email response set to autoreply to those sort of ongoing queries.

From what I have seen Uuni is pretty responsive when folks have problems and have promptly sent out replacement parts if needed.

A few folks have imported the propane burners from the UK and swapped out the UK regulator for a US style regulator and the burner works fine. Some folks have also made their own propane burner setup but I certainly understand why that might not appeal to most folks that really want to use their Uuni Pro with propane.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    HeavyG said:
    There's a group on Facebook for the Uuni Pro you might want to look at. Some interesting/useful info there.

You’re like an internet concierge. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    HeavyG said:
    Photo Egg said:
    victor1 said:
    They've (Uuni) explained at length what the problem is with making the propane burner available in the US but they probably should at least have a canned boilerplate email response set to autoreply to those sort of ongoing queries.

From what I have seen Uuni is pretty responsive when folks have problems and have promptly sent out replacement parts if needed.

A few folks have imported the propane burners from the UK and swapped out the UK regulator for a US style regulator and the burner works fine. Some folks have also made their own propane burner setup but I certainly understand why that might not appeal to most folks that really want to use their Uuni Pro with propane.
    Find it hard to honestly buy into their propane issues since $30 dollar propane grills can be purchased in grocery stores here in the US. I just don't think they are trying very hard for their customers. Also have issues with companies who use facebook instead of their company website to pass out information. But I hpoe they get it worked out.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:

You’re like an internet concierge. 
    I work for tips (remember me come Xmas).