Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak at WalMart

RO made in USA 14.7 lb bag $10.00 yesterday. Beats Kroger pricing on theirs.
Cooking on the coast

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    BikerBob said:
    RO made in USA 14.7 lb bag $10.00 yesterday. Beats Kroger pricing on theirs.
    Hey Bob, have I seen you on the AR forum? If you are the same guy ... don't tell anyone here that's where hang out in my 'off hours' ... lol
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    good price, thanks for the post
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Note that the bag is even smaller this year. 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Same price at Home Depot.  Not on sale; normal price.  And the smaller size bag has been around for about a year or so now.  
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    500 said:
    Same price at Home Depot.  Not on sale; normal price.  And the smaller size bag has been around for about a year or so now.  
    I don’t know. Last go around they dropped the weight from 8kg to 7kg. Now it sounds like they skimmed it down to 6.67kg if the OP is correct about the 14.7lbs. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    RO used to be 20 lb, then 15.44, now 14.7? HD website shows 15.44 @ $9.97 (was $12.97). I haven't seen any 14s.

I'll stick with Wicked Good, 20 lb for $14 (warehouse price, not retail).  They have also reduced bag size. Used to be 22 lbs for $14. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    RO used to be 20 lb, then 15.44, now 14.7? HD website shows 15.44 @ $9.97 (was $12.97). I haven't seen any 14s.

I'll stick with Wicked Good, 20 lb for $14 (warehouse price, not retail).  They have also reduced bag size. Used to be 22 lbs for $14. 
    Where is the warehouse ?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Eggscuses said:

Where is the warehouse ?
    Holyoke Mass

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

500 Posts: 3,177
    If my math is correct, it's cheaper now than it was before, assuming the new weight is correct;
    Old price and weight:
    $12.97 for 15.44# = $.84 per #
    New price and weight:
    $9.97 for 14.7# = $.67 per #

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    I see that the price remains the same but the bag got almost a pound lighter. It used to be 15.4lbs. Like most other products at the grocery store are charging the same price but less product. Hate when that happens. 
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    I just looked at a roll of Charmin and guess what-it was about an inch narrower than the old rolls. I'm not sure if this is all Charmin or just this one.
    My Social Security check went up though-so did Medicare. Net gain about a couple of dollars.

Bob
    Cooking on the coast
  • I just paid $16.97 for a 30 pound bag of RO at the Walmart in Oakwood Ga
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Thanks, I am in the parking lot next to Walmart right now.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Yes I just picked up a sack. I normally use Rockwood but: One, I'm almost out of lump, Two I think the sack that I have is damp since it was hard to get the temp up last time, Three ACE where I get my Rockwood is closed on Sunday, Four the price was right.
  • I've got a couple of nags in the garage along with plenty of other lump. Wife would have a fit if I bout more right now.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Just picked some up at Wal-Mart here in St.Augustine, Fl for $9.87 a bag (15.44lbs) made in the usa. Home depot here is saying $12.97 for the same size bag.
    St.Augustine, Florida
    1 Large BGE
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Ham_Bone said:
    Just picked some up at Wal-Mart here in St.Augustine, Fl for $9.87 a bag (15.44lbs) made in the usa. Home depot here is saying $12.97 for the same size bag.
    I mostly avoid Wal-Mart, but being a sucker for a deal, I happened to be across the street from one today, so I went in and picked up two bag.  Same price as your Wal-Mart. 

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    You can always get HD to price match Walmart
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300