Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blues Hog Tennessee Red

Tombo
Tombo Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey has anyone ever used tennessee red sauce as an injector marinade in a boston butt?
Or any other ideas? What is your favorite marinade to inject?
Thanks

Comments

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Tombo,[p]i know your question is about beef - but i have had great success (imho) in injecting turkey with apple juice - i have also made an apple butter - ground fresh apple, apple juice and butter - this homemade apple butter rub i put under the skin carefully, on the skin, and in the cavity, during the cook i baste with apple juice - i stuff the cavity with quartered apples [p]mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Tombo
    Tombo Posts: 46
    Mr. Toad,
    My question was about pork, not beef.
    But thanks for the reply and idea. I saw where Chris (Dizzy Pig) using apple juice and cider.[p]Tom

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Tombo,[p]I think blues hog red by itself is going to be WAY too much. I think it would make an addition to whatever you are injecting with, but alone you'l really overpower the meat. My opinion only, never tried it but know the sauce well. I would try mixing it with some apple juice/cider, about 2 to 1, cider to red sauce. Another thing that makes a good injection for pork is just simple chicken broth mixed with whatever rub you are using.[p]Troy
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Tombo,[p]I Love the "Red" myself!![p]Although...if I was using it as an injection...I'l maybe go
    2 parts Apple Juice...1 part Tennessee Red, and a few tblspns of Sorghum![p]Heat, combine...and let thouroughly cool before using!![p]Then...I'd back it up with the Sauce...to toss @ the end!![p]Goooood stuff!![p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!