Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking ribs, pork but and brisket.

Options
Just wanted to say thank you for letting me join the group. My fiance just bought me a BGE and I couldn't be more excited! Went out and got a plate setter, DigiQ and cast iron grill. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice/recipes for ribs, brisket or pulled pork. I can't wait to get smoking on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    edited February 2018
    Options
    She’s a keeper! My advice is try a pork butt first. Very forgiving! 300 at an hour or so per pound. (You can run it at 250 degrees but it will take 1.5 hours per pound roughly and taste just the same)

Oh yea... and get a chastity belt for you wallet... because these folks around here will spend your money faster than any wife ever could..
  • Chris8938
    Options
    ^^^^^ @slovelad has it right.  

I would highly recommend using the search bar in the upper right hand corner of the website.  There is an ungodly amount of information on this forum.  Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!
    XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Welcome aboard and have fun. What size egg did you finance spring for? Oh, and check this link, http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1211750/psa-rockwood-lump-on-sale-at-ace-on-line#latest since you didn't mention lump charcoal on your first shopping installment! 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Welcome! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  As above, above all, have fun.  
    I endorse the search function for more info than you can likely digest.  What that will reveal to you is that there are many ways to get great results on the BGE.  Just jump in and have at it.  Cook to temperature for the hot and fast and the proverbial feel for the low&slow.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.